Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to attach a hose to one of my fire extinguishers instead of the conical nozzle that is on it now. The nozzle just unthreads to come off but it has an o-ring on it. Does anyone happen to know what the fitting is that unthreads? It almost seems like 3/16 inverted flare but I've never seen inverted flare with a rubber o-ring before.

Here is the extinguisher that I am talking about:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HTR-HG250R/

I appreciate any help. I've already called H3R and they won't tell me due to liability issues. (Gay.) My next step is to drive to the hydro shop 30 mins away. I'm trying to avoid that for just one little fitting if at all possible.

J. J.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
I am wanting to attach a hose to one of my fire extinguishers instead of the conical nozzle that is on it now. The nozzle just unthreads to come off but it has an o-ring on it. Does anyone happen to know what the fitting is that unthreads? It almost seems like 3/16 inverted flare but I've never seen inverted flare with a rubber o-ring before.

Here is the extinguisher that I am talking about:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HTR-HG250R/

I appreciate any help. I've already called H3R and they won't tell me due to liability issues. (Gay.) My next step is to drive to the hydro shop 30 mins away. I'm trying to avoid that for just one little fitting if at all possible.

J. J.

I would not recommend a hose for this unit, zero 2.5lb units I have seen have ever had a hose on them and honestly after doing so many demo's I can not see why you would want one on this size.

I probably have a hose in my pile that will work but it will be too long and you will loose the tip that helps with the dispersion of the chemical.

For liability reasons I would never advocate or modify one of my customers fx either:flipoff2:

post a pic, I also have a master kit for filling these and may be able to see/cross reference the adaptor.

The flare part should be non important other than possibly giving it a better flow, the o-ring seals it, many other types/brands have straight threads and no flare.

-Shawn

1 - 4 of 4 Posts