Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
RECON ROCK SLUT
575 Posts
How can I open this and save it to gogle earth for off line viewing?

Also having trouble opening it on my new tablet. Suggestions. ..
Try an app called Back Country Navigator. It lets you cache large map areas for offsite use. Will also allow you to upload KML or KMZ files. Pretty easy to use and a good selection of topo and aerial base maps.

·
HOG JOCKEY
1,425 Posts
a little off the subject, but does anyone know the name of the trail that is southeast of the top of lower Johnson? as you travel up lower Johnson, pass upper Johnson on the left, go to the top of the hill. you can look off to the right and see the trail. it starts from the wash trail, heads up and loops back down to the wash trail again. have seen it for years and don't know the name nor have ever done it! thanks for any input.......also, is it a fun trail to run?? mickey

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
a little off the subject, but does anyone know the name of the trail that is southeast of the top of lower Johnson? as you travel up lower Johnson, pass upper Johnson on the left, go to the top of the hill. you can look off to the right and see the trail. it starts from the wash trail, heads up and loops back down to the wash trail again. have seen it for years and don't know the name nor have ever done it! thanks for any input.......also, is it a fun trail to run?? mickey

·
HOG JOCKEY
1,425 Posts
thanks........what I am talking about is straight up about an inch and to the right about 2 inches on this map of what is labeled gatekeeper project. has to have a name......I have seen it for about 5 years now. between big Johnson start and clawhammer entrance.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
thanks........what I am talking about is straight up about an inch and to the right about 2 inches on this map of what is labeled gatekeeper project. has to have a name......I have seen it for about 5 years now. between big Johnson start and clawhammer entrance.
Sounds like the trail we completed after KOH this year AR-15.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Picture of updated KML file. Put in access roads in yellow and added a few trails along with straiightening the routes to stay on the ground instead of the canyon walls.

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Picture of updated KML file. Put in access roads in yellow and added a few trails along with straiightening the routes to stay on the ground instead of the canyon walls.

You need to share that file with us for "peer review". :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iuu161tvok4dz72/The Hammer Trails v2.kml?dl=0

This is the 03 Rubi's file, all compliments to him. I loaded it into google maps and it has more than 2k rows and 10 layers so it throws an error and only imports that amount. It would have to be split into multiple files to get past that. The other one has the same issue. I haven't imported into Google Earth but it should be fine there.

41 - 60 of 81 Posts