Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
78,528 Posts
I'm in. :flipoff2: Will be arriving about 8pm Thursday evening.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JeepRecoveryTeam said:
gee... for Frostoberfest.... there might be a Bender or 12 there ;)

I heard somthing but nobodys got a post out ,and it is only 2weeks away.

·
Chubby Chaser
26,105 Posts
Lets roll :D

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
if i can manage to squeeze some money out of a turnip i'll see if i can show up... course i might need a passenger's seat :laughing:

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
jca said:
Anyone been out there since the "Bash"? What is the road in like? I am hoping to not destroy my motorhome anytime soon :flipoff2: :flipoff2:
It's still hammered, but a lot better than it was a few weeks ago :D

There is a side detour that by-passes the worst section. I'd still air down a bit. You may want to unload your rig off your trailer to lighten up too. VV4x4 had a run last weekend and that's what I saw a few of them do and had no problems.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Hammer Hog said:
It's still hammered, but a lot better than it was a few weeks ago :D

There is a side detour that by-passes the worst section. I'd still air down a bit. You may want to unload your rig off your trailer to lighten up too. VV4x4 had a run last weekend and that's what I saw a few of them do and had no problems.
My total length is about 63'. When I looked at that bypass last time I didnt think that I would be able to manuver enough :( I guess we will find out.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
i'll be out in the area that weekend. plannign to run sledge saturday and see what happens after that.

i hope to run into you guys out there...i attended last years meet n greet in big bear, had a spring under yj, and it's changed quite a bit. JC commented he liked my rig because it wasn't sky high like most others, but i doubt he'd remember it now.

·
Premium Member
2,274 Posts
More info please. My father lives in the Imperial Valley and would like to wheel that weekend (or any weekend) with good people. I'm trying to hook him up with people that wheel more regularly in the area. FWIW, he's locked up on CRD 60's f&r, 37 MTRs, 3link/coil rear, f.i. 231/420/Atlas, 100" w.b., and has been wheeling for 40 yrs.

·
Premium Member
78,528 Posts
RockTonka said:
More info please. My father lives in the Imperial Valley and would like to wheel that weekend (or any weekend) with good people. I'm trying to hook him up with people that wheel more regularly in the area. FWIW, he's locked up on CRD 60's f&r, 37 MTRs, 3link/coil rear, f.i. 231/420/Atlas, 100" w.b., and has been wheeling for 40 yrs.

People will start arriving at Means Dry Lakebed Thursday afternoon, Oct.22nd.
Wheel and party starting Thursday night through Sunday morning.

Here's some good info on the area, including directions to get there.

http://www.larks.net/story_archive/johnson/index.html

HOW TO GET THERE

Access to Johnson Valley OHV area is from Highway 247 between the towns of Yucca Valley and Lucerne Valley. There are three access points from Highway 247. Four wheel drive enthusiasts generally access the area by Boone Road, the southern-most of these three points. The turn-off to Boone Road is at 34o22'8.6"N, 116o32'44.4"W, about twenty miles north of Yucca Valley on Highway 247. Boone Road is marked with a sign but the sign is small and comes up rather suddenly so be watching for it. From the highway, it is about four miles of (sometimes) graded sand to the lakebed. Large RV's can typically access the lakebed as there is only one wash to cross and the roadbed is usually quite firm.

·
I brought the beer
11,347 Posts
RockTonka said:
Send him out looking for Bender Camp, we're pretty easy to find.

Have him ask for Dave or anyone else in a Bender shirt, we'll take care of him.

d

·
Premium Member
2,274 Posts
Thanks for the quick replys, my father has wheeled the Hammers 4-5 times and I've actually made it there twice.
I'm forwarding this info. to him, I think he's going to try to make it out there.

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
I should be able to put my junk back together by then. Hope to see you all out there, Fri night.

This will be my test weekend to see if I can drive like JRT told me I need to, You know the egg on the gas pedal thing. Then maybe I can wheel for more then an hour before I break my shyt, so If you see me out there standing on the gas pedal as usual, throw some rocks at me or something :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Tim Florian said:
This will be my test weekend to see if I can drive like JRT told me I need to, You know the egg on the gas pedal thing. Then maybe I can wheel for more then an hour before I break my shyt, so If you see me out there standing on the gas pedal as usual, throw some rocks at me or something :flipoff2:

How-a-bout a GOVERNOR :eek: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
Some 2x2 square tubing under the gas pedal as a bump stop :flipoff2:

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Tim Florian said:
Some 2x2 square tubing under the gas pedal as a bump stop :flipoff2:
Speaking of "bumstops" Tim, did you ever modify your cage, or just clearanced your forehead? :D
I'm gonna try to make it out there for Thurs. night and Friday. I gotta be back up in Portland Sunday.

Chris

1 - 20 of 76 Posts