Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Some of us AZ guys are planning on going. Put-up or shut-up will be just up the road at Cougar Buttes that weekend, so we are going to make a long weekend of it.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
zags said:
Some of us AZ guys are planning on going. Put-up or shut-up will be just up the road at Cougar Buttes that weekend, so we are going to make a long weekend of it.
when are you plening to be there? do you know if Jack is going?met jack at a drews bash 3 or 4 years ago and met up with him and his dad at the jambo this year.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
toy 4 rox said:
when are you plening to be there? do you know if Jack is going?met jack at a drews bash 3 or 4 years ago and met up with him and his dad at the jambo this year.

I should be headed that way for New Years. Damm it's going to be cold out there.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
toy 4 rox said:
whats the whether like at the hammers in jan. ??
Last time we were there in January, a five gallon jug of water froze solid over night. The wind literally blew our campfire across the lake bed, and all of our tents were leveled or blown away.
Ahh, good times..........

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
You might freeze your nuts off from the cold if the wind doesn't take them first.

·
Registered
438 Posts
how far from victorville is the hammers, just trying to figure out how long itll take.

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
whthilux said:
how far from victorville is the hammers, just trying to figure out how long itll take.
Hour. Use Landers CA for your lookup, it's 5 miles from the lake bed.

There might be a few Benders out that way for the weekend :D :D

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
toy 4 rox said:
what's the weather like at the hammers in jan. ??
Freezing, Freezing, and did I say Freezing??? And that's if it's not windy...and it can be very windy in January.
:eek:
However it's still fun if you're not a WIMP!?! Dress for it!!! Just don't break anything and expose your little fingers!!!:D

Actually it can be nice w/o the wind and you stay in the sun if there is any...but don't bet on it!!!

I'll be there no matter what for a quick putt and then rendezvous to pick up my new FT#016 and then go to Cougar Butte for all the HOT action:D

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
jca said:

And a few non-Benders at their camp as well :D
Careful, it might not be safe :D :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts