Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Land Use Zeus
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ya-all might know me from my Rubicon (FOTR) work, but I'm writing here as Del, BlueRibbon Coalition guy. The Hammers are some place Stac and I are still trying to get to when everyone is down there having fun. We will some day soon. :)

In the meantime, I want to say thanks for what you are doing to help keep this place a wheeling paradise. I know you don't like to hear it, but there will be a day I think when you'll need some serious land use and access help. The Hammers are not a haven from the folks who don't like us. You have it good now; but I just caution that we don't lose sight of those organizations and clubs that are fighting for access all over the state.

If there is something we can do to help, just let us know and we'll give it a shot.
Thanks again for taking care of the Hammers.
Del

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Thanks Del, something to think about.

·
I brought the beer
11,347 Posts
Ya-all might know me from my Rubicon (FOTR) work, but I'm writing here as Del, BlueRibbon Coalition guy. The Hammers are some place Stac and I are still trying to get to when everyone is down there having fun. We will some day soon. :)

In the meantime, I want to say thanks for what you are doing to help keep this place a wheeling paradise. I know you don't like to hear it, but there will be a day I think when you'll need some serious land use and access help. The Hammers are not a haven from the folks who don't like us. You have it good now; but I just caution that we don't lose sight of those organizations and clubs that are fighting for access all over the state.

If there is something we can do to help, just let us know and we'll give it a shot.
Thanks again for taking care of the Hammers.
Del
Del,

We started the Johnson Valley Action Coalition a couple years back but haven't really got it rolling. Both on my own personally and as a member of the Benders we do our best to work as closely was possible with the operations staff in Barstow.

I'd be open to any ideas you have.

Dave

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts
An ear to the ground is always good.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Del,

We started the Johnson Valley Action Coalition a couple years back but haven't really got it rolling. Both on my own personally and as a member of the Benders we do our best to work as closely was possible with the operations staff in Barstow.

I'd be open to any ideas you have.

Dave

Let me know how i can help i go to clean ups and that sort of thing but i would like to get more involved!

·
Land Use Zeus
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hammers Help

I think one of the best things that could happen, when ya-all down there are ready, is to start up or amp up the coalition type approach to keeping the Hammers alive and well -- a friends group or coalition of several clubs/folks.

In a nutshell, a Friends group will give you a much stronger voice with gov'mt; help sort out the adopt a trail issues; put more strong backs in the game; and unify the effort to keep the Hammers fun. It's happening all over the place, like Friends of the Rubicon. But now we have Friends of:
Calico
High Lakes (lassen)
Truckhaven/Ocotillo (starting up)
Eldorado
all new.
Plus we have several other Friends groups in the desert down there (El Mirage, etc.).

Anyway, again, please read my article about how to do this if you want more. Or just drop me a note. But this concept is saving several recreation areas for the future of our sport. OH, and don't worry, you can still continue on the Adopt a Trail idea with the folks who currently have adtoped a section or the area or a specific trail. You can make it work.

read more here: http://www.delalbright.com/Articles/coalitions.htm

Del

1 - 6 of 6 Posts