Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
There's gonna be some head scratching goin' on once someone figures out the level of staff infections in hospitals has dropped dramatically.

·
Baconologyst
9,966 Posts
I heard a local to me distillery is making hand sanitizer. I think I’m going to start collecting the unique “war time” brands just for the hell of it. I heard Gallo (wine) is making some too :homer:

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Rubbing alcohol is typically isopropyl alcohol vs everclear which is ethanol though both are disinfectants.

All the word "alcohol" means is that it has a hydroxyl group (-OH) bound to carbon on the molecule. Methanol, tylenol, cholesterol, menthol, sorbitol, etc are all examples. Duh.

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Even the little alcohol swabs we use for my sons diabetes treatment are impossible to find. We had to have the doc write a prescription for them so they would hold a box for us.

·
Get Off My Lawn
13,270 Posts
Hydrogen Peroxide

just rub some dirt on it
I actually agree with this more than anything, even if you're just being funny.

I'm honestly worried that the long term repercussions of this are a bunch of over sterilized people with immune system problems because they're not in contact with enough bacteria.

·
Registered
13,579 Posts

·
Baconologyst
9,966 Posts
I subscribe to the old wives tail that a pound of dirt is a necessary part of a healthy diet.
I have to agree

I spent most of my childhood playing in the dirt and creeks near where I grew up. I can’t remember the last time I was really sick

We didn’t think twice about our girls playing in the fields around our place, they rarely ever get sick

Coincidence?

·
Registered
15,487 Posts

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
I actually agree with this more than anything, even if you're just being funny.

I'm honestly worried that the long term repercussions of this are a bunch of over sterilized people with immune system problems because they're not in contact with enough bacteria.
we got food at work a week ago, I was eating everyone's fries outta the trash

when someone pointed it out I made the point that 'shit like this is prolly why the generic colds and flus that go around have only ever put me down for a day'

·
Get Off My Lawn
13,270 Posts
Like with anything, there's a reasonable middle ground that is likely the optimal option.

I think there's a healthy balance somewhere between being "unsanitary" and "sanitized". I don't believe using hand sanitizer habitually is a healthy way to live for a long period of time. What I hope doesn't happen is that people pick up this habit and that it has negative consequences in the long run.

·
Registered
15,487 Posts
Like with anything, there's a reasonable middle ground that is likely the optimal option.

I think there's a healthy balance somewhere between being "unsanitary" and "sanitized". I don't believe using hand sanitizer habitually is a healthy way to live for a long period of time. What I hope doesn't happen is that people pick up this habit and that it has negative consequences in the long run.
you worry about the dumbest fucking shit ever :laughing:

do you have any fucking idea how unsanitary a public school is? how many people in this world have attended a public school?

keep on worrying there buddy :laughing:

·
Get Off My Lawn
13,270 Posts
you worry about the dumbest fucking shit ever :laughing:

do you have any fucking idea how unsanitary a public school is? how many people in this world have attended a public school?

keep on worrying there buddy :laughing:
It's not like I'm losing sleep over it. :laughing:

And to answer your question, yes. We had to grow petri dishes from the various surfaces in school. Water fountains were the most germ infested. I'm well aware that germs in public places are excessive. It still doesn't mean I'm scared of them.

21 - 40 of 85 Posts