Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mechanix Gloves lived up to their very ambiguous warranty. I sent them 8 pairs w/ holes in the fingers and they sent me 8 new ones. BUT.....they got smart and rewrote the damn warranty, "normal wear and tear" is no longer covered under warranty. duh in the first place.

the tech: check you boxes, some of the old boxes are still in circulation and have the older warranty which is good for us. They sent me 4 old boxes which equals 32 more pairs for me!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
just sent them 5 pairs last fri...

they didnt say anything about the new warranty sp?

but they did say you can only send them back once per customer.... ??????

i use the impact 2 gloves they seam to last a lot longer but they are like 40 bux

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sent back the 8 pairs at once w/ only one box. They didn't mention anything about the new warranty but you will see they did away with that one-liner on the old box w/ a paragraph on the new boxes.... :D

·
Registered
725 Posts
FYI: 4WPW has the originals for $9.99 right now.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I gave up on that style glove cause they dont withstand heat too well. Now I just get tig gloves. They last longer, and have longer cuffs for better wrist protection when working around hot exhuast and the like. Plus they work great for welding :p

·
Registered
487 Posts
Shit, those gloves have/had a warranty against wearing out?!?! I never even looked at the packaging, just tossed it. That's a lot of pairs that I could have gotten replaced... :(

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
I got ONE pair and realized they were the shittiest gloves I had ever placed on my hands. I used them TWICE and they have 4 holes in them.

the GF got me a set of good craftsman gloves and I have had no problems. They arent as good with heat but still not bad. Much more flexible also.

·
Registered
7,533 Posts
i use ironclad gloves.

all of their gloves are great, but i specifically use the "griptec advantage" gloves. i think they might have stopped production of these--they are getting harder to find.

someone posted this link in a thread i started on them a while back.

https://www.duluthtrading.com/a/sho...GEN0=&GEN1=&T1=24402+MED&c=catgloves&s=3K2BAR

in my experience they are very tough. the griptec is nice too--especially if you stick some of the material that comes with the gloves on your favorite tool. then it doesnt seem to matter how oily/greasy your gloves get, they dont slip and slide around.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I just use some old welding gloves for the hot stuff. The rest of the time I use God's glove AKA my hands. They get pretty tough over time.

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
I use them for driving the rig and tossing rocks, that's all.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
on the old boxes they don't say crap about how to return them or anything just that "normal wear & tear" is covered under the warranty and the gloves "will be repaired or replaced." I hope they didn't pay an attorney to write up that warranty, if so they got ripped off. But, look at the bright side, an attorney we can finally like! :D

now, the new boxes have all sorts of stipulations in the warranty. normal wear & tear is not covered and all gloves are only warranted for 90 days, require receipt, and must be washed before sending. bad attorney actually did some work on this one...:mad:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts