Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Wish it was my job!
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a wiring gremlin on my dump trailer... intermittent short in the marker light circuit. I have not yet given up on finding it, but I've found a band aid to put on the bruise until I do:

https://www.waytekwire.com/item/46771/EATON-s-Bussmann-Series-22110-300-ATC-ATO-Circuit/

Now at least when the short pops up, I lose dash / marker lights in the truck for 3-5 seconds, instead of until I pull over and replace a fuse. I know it's not the right solution to the problem, but it has at least made the truck / trailer combo safer until I can find the damned short.

I'm also considering one inline on an aftermarket power window I'm working on, I figure it will save the motor from being hit with over current if someone holds the up / down button after the window has hit its stop.

·
Registered
12,646 Posts
Problem i have had like this has been loose connection inside of the 7 pin connector.

That self resetting breaker should be used for determining where the short is, and not a band aid.

·
Registered
14,457 Posts
Downside is now that finding the short isn’t a necessity, I’m going to guess it will still be like this in a year. ;)

·
Wish it was my job!
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Downside is now that finding the short isn’t a necessity, I’m going to guess it will still be like this in a year. ;)
No, I have now finally admitted defeat in the areas of being Mr. DIY... I'm too f'ing busy. One of my guys is fairly intelligent and capable of turning a wrench. Coincidentally he is also trying to buy a house and needing extra income. So now I throw down a little more payroll, and the company trucks get maintained a lot better. This is also paying dividends on the home front since I have time to jack around with my personal vehicles, hence the thread about an automatic cutoff on the 12v constant in my dodge tow rig.

·
Wish it was my job!
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem i have had like this has been loose connection inside of the 7 pin connector.

That self resetting breaker should be used for determining where the short is, and not a band aid.
I did not try digging into the 7 pin, that's a good call.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts