Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My shop help (my 6 year old son) always comes to the shop and puts up my tools. He has become quite proficient in it knowing what goes in what drawer (and names Toyotas when we drive down the road) and even getting the step ladder to put tools away that he cannot reach.

Several weeks ago on his own he mentioned that he had noticed I was missing a 16mm 6 point 1/2" drive socket. I told him that I never had one that for some reason it did not come in any of the sets I had purchased. I didn't give it another thought.

Guess what I got for Father's Day from my 6 year old today? :grinpimp: A Craftsman 16mm 6 point 1/2" drive socket. Gotta love it!

Here is a picture of him and his 85 ext cab when we bought it. He helps me work on it every time he comes with me to the shop.

So there is some "tech" in this you can look here for the rest of the pics when we got it.
http://www.wabfab.org/projects/1985pu/1985pu.htm

Happy Father's Day!

:smokin:

·
Registered
14,711 Posts
that's awesome. my kids (3&5) love to help me work on my junk. your kids gonna have one sweet rig for his first vehicle! happy fathers day pirate dads.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I got to teach mine about how a Ring and Pinion works when I pulled my third the other day. He said he always wondered how the engine made the tires turn... classic!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
That's awesome!

First thing you should've taught that kid though is that you only need pliers, a 10mm, a 12mm, a 14mm, a 17mm, and a 19mm :D

if it's 16mm it's a rusty/rounded off 17mm :p

·
Registered
9,898 Posts
My five year old little girl has the tool box down, knows where everything goes and is great help in the garage. Real daddy's know that everyday is a father's day, today we just got a card. Happy father's day gentlemen.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I would get receipts. He probably threw the socket at a lizard or bird and lost it and stole the socket you got as a gift from a neighbor or something. :) these kids are a lot smarter than we give then credit 4

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
awesome Brian! My oldest daughter was helping me take out the transfer case on the Trekker today in prep for duals.. Best Father's day ever working on one of the trucks and spending time with my kid..

Happy Father's Day!

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Brian, I dont care if you call him "your" son, but please quit leaving me messages about the back-due child support. Im working on it, okay?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Good stuff Thanks and happy fathers day back

1 - 11 of 11 Posts