1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Interesting, there has been some uproar about HF not honoring the 20% coupon on compressors, generators, and esp tool boxes now. Now I see they're putting that in the fine print on this coupon.

I don't understand the floor jack thing....as if their floor jacks are "big ticket" items...also strange to see they're not excluding shop equipment like their gantry crane; I saved a shit-ton on my gantry w a 20% coupon

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Interesting, there has been some uproar about HF not honoring the 20% coupon on compressors, generators, and esp tool boxes now. Now I see they're putting that in the fine print on this coupon.

I don't understand the floor jack thing....as if their floor jacks are "big ticket" items...also strange to see they're not excluding shop equipment like their gantry crane; I saved a shit-ton on my gantry w a 20% coupon
yea, all the store managers had a meeting in vegas 2 week ago, and that was one of the big kickers that my manager told us about. those items are not allowed 20% off anymore. also, there will be no returns on any items, exchange or refund, without a receipt. so, if you didnt get an esp and register it, you better keep and photo copy your receipt. also, the 30 day 100% customer satisfaction return period has to be enforced. corp has really tied our hands.

edit: here is the harbor freight facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/harbor.f.tools?ref=ts so if you have any problems online or in the store, be sure to tell them on facebook. you will get helped on there.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
So does this also apply to their wonderful "lifetime warranty" on hand tools? Even if it's stamped Pittsburgh are they gonna want a receipt to exchange a broken hand tool??

If I was buying $100 million paintings my company would be broke too.......

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From the way it was told to us, yes. They want the stores to make sure that the customer bought that tool from the store. Corp gave a couple of examples. one was about, what if a customer bought a broken tool at a pawn shop or flea market, brought it back to the store for a replacement, then sold it for retail price. It was shown that there was a huge loss in "profit" with this happening. My manager was really upset with some of the changes, but we have to do what Corp said. It's gonna suck for customers and store employees. Corp sent all the stores a business card to call customer service if there is a problem that can't be solved in the store.

·
Registered
14,410 Posts
I have to admit that I've wondered how they've been doing it. Every week since June there has been a sheet of coupons in the local Sunday paper that included a 20% off coupon and a free flashlight coupon. The flashlight coupon specifically states "no purchase required" on it. I go past the local HF regularly, so I have about two dozen of the flashlights now. Gave a bunch out at Halloween to the neighborhood kids. And I have not bought anything without a 20% off coupon since June.

Was just in today. They have a notice on the counter at the cashiers with the new "rules" including the limitations on the 20% off coupons and that the free coupons are only with a qualified purchase. I tried to use a flashlight coupon, but the cashier said that they were out of them. I don't know if that is their way of dealing with not having to accept any more of those?

Thing is that I have a handful of free flashlight coupons that are good through to various dates out to February 2011. All of them say no purchase required right on them. Also, I have a handful of the 20% off coupons with the same expiration dates that say nothing about all the new limitations on their use. Sounds like a bit of bait and switch to have issued coupons that say one thing and then change the rules?

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have to admit that I've wondered how they've been doing it. Every week since June there has been a sheet of coupons in the local Sunday paper that included a 20% off coupon and a free flashlight coupon. The flashlight coupon specifically states "no purchase required" on it. I go past the local HF regularly, so I have about two dozen of the flashlights now. Gave a bunch out at Halloween to the neighborhood kids. And I have not bought anything without a 20% off coupon since June.

Was just in today. They have a notice on the counter at the cashiers with the new "rules" including the limitations on the 20% off coupons and that the free coupons are only with a qualified purchase. I tried to use a flashlight coupon, but the cashier said that they were out of them. I don't know if that is their way of dealing with not having to accept any more of those?

Thing is that I have a handful of free flashlight coupons that are good through to various dates out to February 2011. All of them say no purchase required right on them. Also, I have a handful of the 20% off coupons with the same expiration dates that say nothing about all the new limitations on their use. Sounds like a bit of bait and switch to have issued coupons that say one thing and then change the rules?
the flashlight deal is probably true. we haven't gotten a shipment in for 2 weeks. we are completely out at this time and are not meaning to, but pissing customers off cause they cant get their free flashlight. keep checking in and see if any come in. as far as the 20% deal, if it doesn't say anything about the limitations, it might take a little heat, but they have to honor that coupon. ask to speak to the store manager. if he wont help, ask for the customer service number. but it shouldn't go that far.

·
Registered
13,965 Posts
Slickdeals HF coupon thread

Scroll down to the wiki.

We've been getting free flashlights, scissors, voltmeters, screwdrivers, and 18" clamps for some time now. They've changed many locations to only taking 1 at a time so I've just been getting the clamps. Can only have so many cheap voltmeters laying round the house.

·
Registered
14,410 Posts
but pissing customers off cause they cant get their free flashlight.
Yeah, considering that the coupons are good until February, it's sort of hard to say the deal is over four months early.

·
Window Licker
14,719 Posts
A few observations from visting my 2 local HF stores:

-They have hard coppies of the 25% coupon posted above at the registers.

-They have the "correction to coupon policies" posted in various places around the store explaining what was said above - limiting the items on % off coupons and use of free item coupons

-The first store I went too still had lots of the screwdrivers, multi-meters, scissors and flashlights. The second store was completely out of the screwdrivers and scissors but had the multi-meters (on sale for 3.49 this week) and the flashlights.

I also noticed that the latest issue of Maxim I got yesterday still has the 20% off coupon with no limitations other than the ones that have always been on there. I suspect with a little bitching you can get them to honor these on anything until they expire. (Terms like false adertising, bait and switch, bad faith go a long way when talking to management.) :p I imagine the next round of coupons we see will have the new limiting fine print. The current Maxim one expires 3/16/11. There's also another coupon for the free multi-meter good through 3/16/11.

·
Registered
13,965 Posts
Last Sunday's paper had 3 coupon ads. One behind the comics, one in the USA/parade section, and one in with the coupons. One of the 20% off coupons had the compressor only exclusion, the rest had the much more restrictive no parking lot,.. big ticket, anything worth buying with a 20% off exclusion.

·
Premium Member
8,744 Posts
You can go on e-bay and get some coupons out of a coupon book for like 99 cents... 15% off your entire purchase is one that I like to use for a bunch of small items. :D

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
Thanksgiving day, running off to harbor Freight - that would go over really well ;)

·
Registered
476 Posts
I never knew there was a warranty on stuff from there? does it cover the small air compressors? Ive been buying a new one when mine dies for the last 6 years or so. I think I have bought 3 now or 4. I use them in my enclosed race trailer, its the small oiled motor one about 120 regular price, i usually get them on sale for 89.

Jeff

1 - 17 of 17 Posts