Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
13,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/common/displayCoupon.do?week=3610&campaign=B_multi&page=coupon10.html&cust=00000000000&keycode=0000&single=true

9/9-9/15
Bandsaw details

Description of Central Machinery 93762

You'll be able to quickly and accurately cut up to 4" x 6" rectangular workpieces in the bandsaw's horizontal or vertical positions, and up to 4-1/2" round workpieces in the horizontal position. Choose from 3 speeds to cut everything from brass and aluminum to rugged alloy and tool steels. Includes a 1/2" x 0.025" x 64-1/2" blade (14 TPI), plus a heavy-duty stand with two wheels.

Cutting capacity: stock up to 4" x 6" (rectangle), 4-1/2" (round)
Gravity-feed cutting pressure adjustment in horizontal position
0-55° left miter cuts on horizontal
Two-position rocker switch with safety lock-off
120 volts, 1 horsepower, 60 Hz
Blade speeds: 80, 120, 200 feet per minute
Blade size: 1/2" x 0.025" x 64-1/2"
Cutting table: 11-1/2" L x 7-1/2" W x 23-1/2" (horizontal), 9-5/8" L x 9-1/2" W x 33-1/2" (vertical)

HF coupon thread at Slickdeals 20% off and free flashlist coupons. The free screwdrive coupon should be up soon.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Any body here have one of them? are they worth it?
one of my favorite tools. period.

do some internet searching, you'll find the most common 4 x 6 horizontal/vertical are all the same casting, sold by different manufacturers. they work awesome for the price. you'll be amazed what you can do with them, even more so with a few simple mods.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I use the $1000 version at work. I think it's the same, just with auto feed and coolant. Works just fine. We cut lost of aluminum.

·
Registered
936 Posts
nothing to add, but there was a thread on here a couple of months ago. General consenses was its a decent tool. Very few people had it cutting square out of the box. Simple modds and it seemed to work pretty well. Coolant is a must if you want your blades to last though.

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
I have one that we keep in the back of a van..Its been beat to death and has a new motor on it(left out in the rain and turned on wet)
We roll it into boiler rooms to cut tubes..After all that abuse it still runs pretty good..Get a good blade and dont forget to square it up when you cut..

The one in my garage is in even worse shape and works good.

Im thinking of getting the bigger one for myself soon.

·
Registered
13,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
does HF have any problem with doubling up coupons like that?
Yes; or I would have posted it at the reduced price. Sometimes an item is on the website for a reduced price and I have had managers price match and then the casher took the 20% from that. But I have also heard some won't.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
does HF have any problem with doubling up coupons like that?
Yes; or I would have posted it at the reduced price. Sometimes an item is on the website for a reduced price and I have had managers price match and then the casher took the 20% from that. But I have also heard some won't.
I have been working at HF for about a month now. If the Internet price is lower then what is in the store, print that out and the store will price match. as also stated, you can use your 20% coupon on top of that price match. cant double coupons. Be sure to also get the 2 yr ESP for that saw, or any thing you get from HF. When the 2yr is up, return it to the store for a new one, just say your not satisfied, and get a new one. Then you can get a new ESP for the original price. This is a store policy and we do honor it.

·
Registered
13,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
And don't forget the free flashlight and screwdriver coupons at slickdeals.

Use another 20% to pickup a Lenox bi-metal blade for $19ish (before coupon).

·
Registered
13,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
have one of the red saws for a couple of years there awsome

rocket the Hf stores carry the lenox blades for this saw ??
-A- saw blade. Only 1 teeth (tooth?) selection and just the size for this bandsaw (not the portables). I'm pretty sure it was Lenox, it was a name brand. Hanging on the wall above the chinese blades (which are on the lower shelf). I don't think it was a Morse blade. But it is $19 for one. The chinese are multi packs (and non bi-metal).

They don't list it on either website.

·
Registered
135 Posts
will have to check mine out in the scranton store, if not just get them at fastnal or granger

and by the way every one the factory does suck on these saws get a good bi metal blade saw cuts so much better

Jeff

·
Registered
126 Posts
I just picked up this saw for $144. I pulled up the online price of $180 on my phone and had it price matched, and then used a 20% off coupon I got online.

·
Registered
13,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
-A- saw blade. Only 1 teeth (tooth?) selection and just the size for this bandsaw (not the portables). I'm pretty sure it was Lenox, it was a name brand. Hanging on the wall above the chinese blades (which are on the lower shelf). I don't think it was a Morse blade. But it is $19 for one. The chinese are multi packs (and non bi-metal).

They don't list it on either website.
I was wrong. The Morse blade they sell is only for the portable bandsaws. 19-20%. Where as Lowes has Lenox for $18 something, they have more tooth selections.

Sorry for the confusion.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts