Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at Harbor Freight earlier and was checking out the 1-ton and 2-ton folding shop cranes. They look identical with the exception of the hydraulic ram. Has anyone else noticed this?

·
Premium Member
8,744 Posts
I was at Harbor Freight earlier and was checking out the 1-ton and 2-ton folding shop cranes. They look identical with the exception of the hydraulic ram. Has anyone else noticed this?
I think they used to be different. The one ton units were a lot lighter built. Maybe they had them mis marked? I went to HF's website and looked at both of the one and two ton shop cranes and they had the same exact pic for both. Who knows... I'd splurge and get the 2 ton unit for $30 more just because.

·
Premium Member
17,878 Posts
Spring for the 2 ton, get the air over ram to add to it if it's on sale!

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think they used to be different. The one ton units were a lot lighter built. Maybe they had them mis marked? I went to HF's website and looked at both of the one and two ton shop cranes and they had the same exact pic for both. Who knows... I'd splurge and get the 2 ton unit for $30 more just because.
It quite a bit more than $30 with the coupons I have.

Spring for the 2 ton, get the air over ram to add to it if it's on sale!
That's my point. I was going to change the ran anyway. If the rest of the thing is identical, I should just save the $$$ anyhow.

·
Registered
13,965 Posts
I didn't notice the differences, but saw one of each in the red tag area at the parking lot sale in early June.

They were still there late Sunday afternoon when stores 50% the red tags.

$50 for the 2 ton seemed like a good deal. It was missing 2 pins though.

·
Premium Member
17,878 Posts
I didn't notice the differences, but saw one of each in the red tag area at the parking lot sale in early June.

They were still there late Sunday afternoon when stores 50% the red tags.

$50 for the 2 ton seemed like a good deal. It was missing 2 pins though.
Pins are cheap. I woulda jumped on it.

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went to HF over the weekend and took a closer look. The 2 ton is a little taller and has a longer reach. However the material thickness and castors are all the same. I think the longer reach and ability to lift higher is important. But, for those who it doesn't matter, they appear to be very comparable otherwise except for the ram.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I noticed the same thing this weekend. The boom can extend about 8" farther on the 2 ton, in addition to the ram upgrade.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts