Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how in the hell do you get this thing to mount to the jack. i can see how the two fishhook bolts would mount to the front of the jack pad, but that little piece that's 1/4" thick and shaped like an L with a bolt sticking out of the long side..wtf does that do? this thing sucks, i think i'm gonna take it back and get the full on tranny jack. to hell with this.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
First of all, this aint the HF technical support website.
Second, if you cant make the tranny adapter work, what makes you think you can work the tranny jack with the adapter?:D

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i fully understand it's not the HF tech support board, but i did a search, and i've read plenty of tool question threads on here, so i figured this wouldn't hurt. who knows, i'm just a newbie.

i think my jack is just incompatible with the adapter, and i've got a friend bringing over his tranny jack.

and yeah, that harbor freight tranny adaptor...high quality chinese machining to mate your engine to any transmission you choose :) oops.

i'm just gonna go do it the old fashioned way...however the hell i can. the jack adapter is going back.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I had the same prob with it when I got it. I just welded it together. Then when I took off my E40D off my F250 it broke and the tranny fell on it's side. :mad: So I melted it down with the torch. Felt much better after...

·
Registered
591 Posts
Is there anything worth a shit at HF anyway? It seems like their junk is all Chinese shit anyway. :confused:
Ricky...seeya...

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
HF goes for the "bang for your buck" tools. When you pay for cheap stuff expect mediocre results.

Jordan

·
Premium Member
25,817 Posts
RickyR said:
Is there anything worth a shit at HF anyway? It seems like their junk is all Chinese shit anyway. :confused:
Ricky...seeya...
Actually their tranny jack was on sale for $40 2 weeks ago and that's a hell of a deal. I get the ad so I picked one up. It's actually not a bad piece. I don't usually buy cheap tools, but a tranny jack is not going to get used very often.

BTW, the jack adapter tranny POS won't work with 90% of jacks. I have 3 jacks and it fit NONE of them. Take it back. ;)

·
Registered
435 Posts
ME TOO

Yeah I did a tranny in a V6 toy pickup w/ one of those, on a harbor freight jack no less! And it didn't fit. Nearly killed myself with that thing (not literally). It was better than JUST a floor jack, but not much. If I had to do it over again, I'd weld up a REAL mounting system instead of those two hooks that don't really work....

·
Registered
11,647 Posts

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I have one, its been through a lot.

I think I used the J-hook and a bolt and a "specially" bent washer:eek: :eek:

the thing is pretty scary and I would even trust it as an end table, but.......whatever

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
I will add my comment as well !! that thing sucks out loud:mad: , I ended up just laying the tranny on my chest and pressing it into place:eek:

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
If you have a old floor jack take the round "pad" off it and weld the HF jack adapter permanently to the pad. This way it wil fit a standard floor jack. Also works much better with a high reach floor jack. This way you can jack stand the rig up high and still have enough jack to do the job.
Still not as good as a trany jack but works OK.:)

·
Registered
362 Posts
MattS said:

Actually their tranny jack was on sale for $40 2 weeks ago and that's a hell of a deal. I get the ad so I picked one up. It's actually not a bad piece. I don't usually buy cheap tools, but a tranny jack is not going to get used very often.

BTW, the jack adapter tranny POS won't work with 90% of jacks. I have 3 jacks and it fit NONE of them. Take it back. ;)

Is this the jack you bought?

Anyone else have experiance with this jack?

Does anyone have the part # from the ad that is was on sale in?

TIA

1 - 17 of 17 Posts