Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know where to get replacement brake hard line kits for toyotas? I you can get them for Jeeps, but havnelt had much luck with the toys.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
your dealer they are not too $$$$$. I did the rear axle new lines for like $17, but I work in the part dept so.......I get the good price.

·
Registered
961 Posts
You can get lengths up to about 5 feet at your local parts store. They come flared with fittings and everything. I have had to replace a few and had no problems bending it up nice. I bought a bending tool for 5 bux. Cheap, and you can bend them however you like and they come out looking nice.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
It depends how much you want to replace how it is bent. If you are going to replace all of them or the ones with a complicated bent like around the firewall I would go to the dealer as I heard they are prebent. This would save alot of hassel. If it is a simple replacement take an old peice to the parts store and just buy some straight lines and bend them yourself.

I just replaced half of the hard lines on my 4runner and would if I knew the dealer had prebent ones I would have bought hem from them.

·
Registered
564 Posts
i replaced the hard line on the driver's side, ordered the part over the phone from the dealer,got it home, nowhere close to right. went back and they said that was the only one they could order, so they ordered another one, got it home, still not close, but close enough i was able to bend it to fit, looks awful but it works, so if you go to the dealer, make sure you crawl under the truck before you leave

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've always been able to find them in junk yards. Rarley harvested part.

·
Banned
5,353 Posts
I second parts stores, I also went to a hydraulic hose place and had all 3 hard lines extended for about 25 bucks

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
you just had a bad parts guy. :flipoff2: Brake lines are one of the hardest things to look up. The pictures on the EPC are terrible.

MSB said:
i replaced the hard line on the driver's side, ordered the part over the phone from the dealer,got it home, nowhere close to right. went back and they said that was the only one they could order, so they ordered another one, got it home, still not close, but close enough i was able to bend it to fit, looks awful but it works, so if you go to the dealer, make sure you crawl under the truck before you leave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts