Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a FJ 40 hard top and door. I wanted to sell them but don't know how much they go for. I have a pick up. And I got them from a friend, so I have no use for them. What do you guys think is a good price to post them up for???

·
Registered
668 Posts
FREE!!!:flipoff2:

Really though, what year? I'm looking for a top.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fj 40, I think its a 71 or 72 I'll have to check. It's clean, straight no dents, few scratches, old paint job obviously. Do you have any idea how much they go for? I'm going to ask around too, But honestly.........I'm sure if your looking for one you must of asked around. I'll still give a good deal.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
How much you sell it for depends on how motivated the buyer or the seller is.
I saw a whole set, hard top and doors in primo shape go for $100 at the PMC swap meet one year. Yet if you gave Warden's a call he'd probably sell you one for about $1,000. I know this cause I called him once looking for a hard top.
I once paid $500 for a top and doors cause I really needed it at the time, and drove 150 miles to pick it up.
Right now I've got a hard top for sale in the "For Sale Section" and I've posted it at least three seperate times with not one single response. It's in great shape and I'm only asking $200 for it.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=120898
Hope that helps:rolleyes:, the fact of the matter is that it's a flakey market at best and everybody is looking for a deal.;)

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Not to take it off the Pirate board, but I sold mine on Ebay for $770. It was in pretty good shape.

Good Luck

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I bought one on ebay from a '70 with no doors but with the rear lift gate for $200. Personally the highest I would go for a pre '75 top with doors (rear split doors too) is $400. After I bought my top I found one locally for $150, doh!.

You can find a buyer who will pay more but probably one that is uneducated or needs a hard top in a hurry (typical of some ebay buyers uneducated and want it now).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the help guys

1 - 9 of 9 Posts