Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 95 ZJ with 2inch BB and 31inch At's looking at doing longarms and going to 32's do you think my axles are strong enough? I got a Dana 35 rear and Dana 30 front....

·
Registered
9,237 Posts
Hardcore? I'd go leaf springs, waggy 44s, and 36"s. And use it for a daily driver. And thats borderline hardcore.

·
Registered
72 Posts
for anything other than light wheelin with those tires on that axle is asking for trouble.....you will break the d-35.
The 30 is up to 33's unlocked....

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
I got a 95 ZJ with 2inch BB and 31inch At's looking at doing longarms and going to 32's do you think my axles are strong enough? I got a Dana 35 rear and Dana 30 front....
wrong forum dude.

go check out www.mallcrawlin.com and read a lot. there are a ton of ZJ guys over there. jeepsunlimited has decent mild build tech too.

32s should be ok on the 30/35c. pass than and you'll want to do a hp30/8.8 or a hp44/9".

which longarm kit are you going with?

good luck.
Paul

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I talk with the guys at my local shop and I can go with a 3inch Body lift to clear the 33inch rubber. Also Im getting rid of that Dana 30 up front and replacing it with some IFS from an 1998 Chevy Z71 with that I won't have an problems of braking down on the trails.....

·
Registered
929 Posts
I talk with the guys at my local shop and I can go with a 3inch Body lift to clear the 33inch rubber. Also Im getting rid of that Dana 30 up front and replacing it with some IFS from an 1998 Chevy Z71 with that I won't have an problems of braking down on the trails.....
:flipoff2:

Ha HA

Very Funny!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Who cares about the blinkers, you need to check you muffler bearings first. If one of those puppies siezes up, you'll blow that big block for sure.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
you can run 33's with out trouble but only if you fill them with helium so they are lighter. Also I hear Pinto gas tanks are a trick swap for better departure angles.

·
Premium Member
4,963 Posts
What would help is if you put an exo-cage that is tied into the body lift. That helps with high speed cornering at the malls and allows for minimal body flex going over speed bumbs. Additionally you should chop the top for a lower center of gravity to compensate for 32" tall tires. :flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts