Pirate 4x4 banner

341 - 360 of 362 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
link to the cabins por favor:D
https://www.visitblackmtncabins.com/

call and talk to katie. her and john run the cabins there. mike owns them but hes not around a whole lot.
not sure how much longer they are open i think they close and head back to georgia for the winter.

Let me know if you need anymore help.
we already booked again for fall crawl next year.

·
Registered
59 Posts
We were down there this last weekend and they bulldozed Lower Damnation, it’s now flat. Used to be a great, challenging little trail. So disappointed. Looks like this was the only trail they touched. Anyone have any idea if it was still there for the Fall Crawl?
It was still intact when I was there in July.

·
Registered
883 Posts
We were down there this last weekend and they bulldozed Lower Damnation, it’s now flat. Used to be a great, challenging little trail. So disappointed. Looks like this was the only trail they touched. Anyone have any idea if it was still there for the Fall Crawl?

Why would they do that?? Was just starting to get good. Trying to make it over lander friendly?

·
Registered
387 Posts
It was flat for fall crawl, same with Frankenstein the dozed it too. And buds bypass upto white tail crawl.
I think there was like one more but i cant think of them right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
89 Posts
They smoothed out waterfall as well. Im sure lower damnation will come back around but I don't understand why. Id rather see them get upper passable, and get the top of Crawfords Cry reopened.

Also, Your Turn was impassable when we was there (weekend before fall crawl). I like seeing trail maintenance but Id rather see work on trails that need re-opened than smoothing out existing ones.

·
Registered
387 Posts
The top of Your Turn looked like there was some sort of collapse and there were a bunch of trees fallen across it.
Yeah that was like that still. There are some that definitely need fixing. Sooner or later mason jar is gonna be next to impossible for anything other than a bouncer, at least getting around the tree. Thats gotten bad.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Yeah that was like that still. There are some that definitely need fixing. Sooner or later mason jar is gonna be next to impossible for anything other than a bouncer, at least getting around the tree. Thats gotten bad.

We took 5 full size rigs around the tree last weekend. 3 drove, 2 winched. It’s getting down to rock around the tree so it’s not gonna change much more. But 20’ below that could be another story. It was sad to see Your Turn blocked off and Lower Damnation dozed.

Also sad to see someone cut a bypass around the drop in to Lion’s Den. WTF!

·
Registered
387 Posts
We took 5 full size rigs around the tree last weekend. 3 drove, 2 winched. It’s getting down to rock around the tree so it’s not gonna change much more. But 20’ below that could be another story. It was sad to see Your Turn blocked off and Lower Damnation dozed.

Also sad to see someone cut a bypass around the drop in to Lion’s Den. WTF!
Alot of the trails looks like they have been seeing abuse. Fall crawl was nothing but sxs throwing beer cans everywhere. Its a shame. And you call them out on it and they just ignore you. Even had a guy go down in on little jager andnwas throwing the beer cans but up at the people who were kicking then off the top.
The guys that run that place only have so much time to fix things yano.
And to get to some of the stuff with a dozer dont look fun. I would like to see some exits fixed. But all the heavy rain and stoms over the last few years have put a hurting on some of the terrain.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I just heard the tree in the den is gone? Anyone been down recently?

·
Registered
570 Posts
I just heard the tree in the den is gone? Anyone been down recently?

We were there 2 weeks ago. @NightKrawler71 has pics.

The tree is broken off 6-7 ft in the air so you still have to drive it the same way. Sadly I think it will be gone soon. (1 month, 1 year) who knows. It will certainly be sad.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Is there night wheeling here? Also how many of the "good" trails are a 5, requiring helmets all around?
You can wheel 24-7, they dont enforce the helmets. However if your getting rowdy they are not a bad idea. Harness should be on just to be safe, lots of cliffs to drive off if you dont pay attention. Ive already slid off trails in the rain there and its not fun. Almost went off a 10'+ drop.
If its your first time to the park cruise during the day to get your bearings.
Good luck. The place is a great time. Please pack out what you take it. I couldn't believe the amout of assholes at fall crawl throwing beer cans down in the hole at little jager while we were running it.

341 - 360 of 362 Posts