Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one have any good pics of how they have mounted there 3 point/ 4 point harness in a reg cab truck.
I'm consider sandwiching the back of the cab between two plates and mounting to that for the upper mount and doing something similiar for the lower mounts.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The seats and harnesses should really be hard mounted to a roll cage. If you don't have a cage, then you shouldn't be doing anything you'd need harnesses for!!

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The last truck I built, I did the seat mounts and harness tied into the internal cage which is probably the best way to do it because there's minimal chance of you moving relative to your attachment point.
I have an exo on my current truck and the rear spreader is too high to mount so I would have to cut holes in the back of the cab to add in an internal spreader to mount to. I may end up doing this but was concerned about the exo moving relative to the cab I would think this would be pretty unlikely but I wanted to see what everyone else had done.

The seats and harnesses should really be hard mounted to a roll cage. If you don't have a cage, then you shouldn't be doing anything you'd need harnesses for!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts