Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, the time has come for me to get rid of my TJ. She has been a great ride, but I am coming across a deal I can't pass up and now I am looking for a Classic Bronco. So I have some questions.

Did the older Broncos ever come with the 351C

Which auto Transmission, C-4/C-6?

Which T-case, I have heard many things.

Which years for power steering?

Which years come with the D44 if ever?

Did they come with a different rear end other the the 9" and if they did, was the motor the driving factor.

Thanks, I am hoping to go shopping soon...

·
Registered
240 Posts
go here http://www.lonestar-ebc.com/ look in the TECH section, under how to buy an early bronco, it has the history of them throughout the years. 351=no C4's I believe (I'm going with AOD) T-case=Dana20 all years (T and J pattern, the article may mention the year change over Power steering see article (?) Dana44 71 up, disks in later years (76-77 ?, check article) Always 9 inch, a little stronger in 76-77

[ 10-03-2001: Message edited by: coyote11 ]

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After reading the info, thanks for the link above, I am going to look for a `77 in as near to stock condition as possible. Has anyone ever put a 351C with a C-6 in an EB? Will the t-case handle it oid you have to upgrade that too? Hell, will the D20 work on a C-6? Otherwise I could AII it...

Thanks for the info guys...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Why are you stuck on the Cleaveland engine for an off-road application?

Yes, they will rev higher and make more horsepower in racing or marine applications, but the Windsor has tougher bottom end, and will make as much low end torque as the Cleavland, you just can't wind them up as high due to the large (3") mains.

If you want a smooth idle and good low end response for rock crawling, etc, then you are going to have a modest cam, and with such a Cleaveland is not going to have a power advantage over a Windsor anyway.

Just food for thought, what does a diesel guy know anyway?

-Kevin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts