Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going through an old 4wheel & Off-road and cane across Twin-stick 205. This allows you to have front wheel drive only capabilities with your 205 :skull: . Any one here done this? any probs? Should I be the guiney pig?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yea this is in the Aug 2000 issue page 118

·
Registered
363 Posts
One of my 205's did it all on it's own.Guess it's time to go inside for a look.

·
Registered
758 Posts
My buddy did it and the first try he didn't go quite far enough with the notch in the rail. Then on the second try he went a little too far and was able to get it into front low and rear high at the same time. Filled it back in a little and it seems to work pretty good just spinning it by hand. The rig isn't done yet so theres no trail report yet. Just be really careful with that notch!
Good luck:D

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking at my rail it might star on its own pretty soon too :D This thing has quite a bit of wear on it.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Some info on twin stick 205 is here if your interested. There is some pics of how I ground the rail, and set up the shifters.

·
Registered
574 Posts
one of the best things I've done. I did grind the notch a little too far so that it does go into high and low at the same time, but I've not had any problems besides think of the theft deturant nobody wants to steel something that either won't go or is draging squalling tires.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I did this, great upgrade!! When I pulled the rails out on mine you could see where they were already worn. I just ground it out to the marks that were already on the rail. Done, never had a problem out of it!

·
Registered
513 Posts
I just did this to mine and a buddy's two days ago. I used the article as a guide and it worked. Just make sure you pull the right shift rail. The one in the article is a chevy and mine is a ford. If you just go by the picture you will get it backwards.:D Mine and his worked right the first time. Wasn't hard.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ya know after posting this I was really thinking about it but it is going to have to wait untill I can figure out a triple stick set up, forgot about the doubler. That will be Aprils project :D

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
CRAWLR said:
My buddy did it and the first try he didn't go quite far enough with the notch in the rail. Then on the second try he went a little too far and was able to get it into front low and rear high at the same time. Filled it back in a little and it seems to work pretty good just spinning it by hand. The rig isn't done yet so theres no trail report yet. Just be really careful with that notch!
Good luck:D

COOL front high rear low, start cutting donuts :eek: let us know what breaks :D get pics and videos for the PBB!!!

a guy I know just twin sticked his 205, and despite the HUGE heavy t-case im impressed, by adaptation. It is a cool thing, wish it was optional on more t-cases!

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
BJ On Roids said:
a guy I know just twin sticked his 205, and despite the HUGE heavy t-case im impressed, by adaptation. It is a cool thing, wish it was optional on more t-cases!
the 205 is a light snack next to a 203, those things are monsterous! something good about front wheel drive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have this set up with a doubler and a long wheel base.
It is great for even trail riding to be able to make a sharp turn when needed.

·
Registered
339 Posts
The magic number on how much of the shift rail to grind away is 7/16" or about the distance the rail moves when shifted one position.;)

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Greenhorn said:
I have this set up with a doubler and a long wheel base.
It is great for even trail riding to be able to make a sharp turn when needed.
Ok ya have to have pics of your shifter......... Lets see um ;)
e-mail them to me [email protected]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts