Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have the older 17s before he started making a "dished" version (the center is just flat). I frickin LOVE these wheels and would never bash John in the least. I just wonder if people have bent the center section. My two fronts wobble like a motherfockle. I dont know if it is my Iroks that were badly molded, or I bent the center part.

Obviously the best way to know is to dissasemble the wheel and put a straight edge on the flat surface. I have this crazy thing in my head where I don't like to dissasemble the wheels though. :)

I almost dont care that they wobble, because the only time I drive it on the road is in Moab. I would just rather not have people looking at it like "WTF is wrong with that POS".

Any comments other than flamming the shit out of me?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Not being a smart ass or anything but have you tried to jack it up and turn the wheel? Could be alot of things?

·
Registered
803 Posts
what about just taking your tire and wheel off the axle and putting a flat surface to the mounting surface of the rim?

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good thought. I will try that tonight.

Again, I really do not want to give anyone bad thoughts of Stazworks. If these wheels are bent, it is because of my own dumbass. Not because of anything done, or designed wrong but John and/or Stazworks company.

·
Premium Member
13,751 Posts
A buddy of mine bent the living hell out of the flat centers on his stazworks wheels. He just sent them in awhile back and had them put pressed centers in. Pretty sure he paid to have it done as I doubt it was a warranty type of deal.

Very nice wheels, he's just hard on stuff and the 49's certainly didn't help much... :laughing:

·
Registered
803 Posts
Again, I really do not want to give anyone bad thoughts of Stazworks. If these wheels are bent, it is because of my own dumbass. Not because of anything done, or designed wrong but John and/or Stazworks company.
we know.
stazworks will be getting an order from me in the next couple months to replace my POS you know who double locks:grinpimp:

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sweet! You will love em. John and Sean(P.O.S) are about the nicest guys to deal with, and are both on this forum.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Mine are 3/8 dished centers welded into a set of Trailready 17's. Bent 2 of them slightly from hitting trees with the face of the wheel in a local rock/trail race. I can't complain though, the same hit bent a FJ80 axle tube 15° off center.

·
Registered
60,133 Posts
To check mine, I just jacked up that side, put a magnet mount gauge on the outside edge of the wheel and watched for the runout as I slowly turned it by hand.

·
Read Only
1,334 Posts
If you are sure the wheel bearings and what not are tight, could you use a magnet base dial indicator on the axle housing or knuckle and measure the runout on the outer edge of the wheels???

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
If you are sure the wheel bearings and what not are tight, could you use a magnet base dial indicator on the axle housing or knuckle and measure the runout on the outer edge of the wheels???

Yeah, you sure could, but that would be the easy way, and this being Pirate and all, that is totally unacceptable.

:D

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
been wheeling my 20's for over 3 years. Yup they bent, one I had to straighten. But I careless, they work great, and would buy from him again in a instant but get the dished ones now. When I got mine they were only offered in flat plate.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts