Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
holy crap this is cool!
google earth

I am going on a wheeling trip this weekend and I was able to find road and directions with it. It gives you a 3d view (satellite images) of canyons and mountain and as you mouse over the map it gives you gps coordinates.

check it out... it's free.

I know is chit chat but you guys should check it out.If it needs to be moved then so be it.

it's just bad ass!

- Rico.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RustyNailJustin said:
No, that pertains to wheeling as far as I am concerned! THats Fing cool!!!
It is cool. I was able to see what road to take and where to turn from one valley to another (heber Valley through AF canyon down to utah Valley)

- Rico.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
What a find! With all these topo programs going for >$50, I can't believe it's free.

New fav.;)

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Rats! I left Pirate to play on GoogleEarth and discovered that they don't yet support Macintosh. :mad3:

·
Registered
324 Posts
my wife will love that site. she is a GIS guru and does computer mapping. actually, she'll probably tell me it's old news to her. she used to make all my topos for me at work and print them out for free. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
324 Posts
way better than Terraserver. it's color and you can tilt rotate the view. wife already downloaded it. even she is impressed.

·
Registered
324 Posts
i finally played w/ it last night. the resolution is WAY better than Terraserver. my wife says it is exactly what she used to make for customers. now it is available on the web for free! the 3-D, rotate, color, etc. is way cool. what a great new tool.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I still cant get it!! :( All you free-loaders are keeping me from free-loading :D

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Rusty, does the trail start where the word "streaming" ends and then heads "up" along what looks like a stream bed (from what I can see)?

·
Registered
442 Posts
i should really read directions. :shaking: i just spent forever downloading and now i read that my damn dial up isnt fast enough for this thing. :mad3: damn. i was really looking forward to seeing my house and all the crap in the yard :laughing:

·
Premium Member
8,609 Posts
4x4Poet said:
Rusty, does the trail start where the word "streaming" ends and then heads "up" along what looks like a stream bed (from what I can see)?

Thats the dirt road leading to the first hard obstacle. THere is actually a pretty long dirt road in with a few ledges and small slabs leading in the the first tough spot is right in the middle of the screen, from there it snakes along the rim of the canyon on the left. Its easy for me to see but I would guess that if you have only been there a few times or never it would be hard to see.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts