Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Three of us will be in Hawaii during different dates in March April timeframe. I will be on the Big Island from March 24-31. Dan will be on Kauai from March 25 thru April 2nd. Paul will be on "island unknown" from March 16-19.

Basically, if your thinking about doing some wheeling of any kind while we are in your neck of the woods, it would be extremely cool if we could tag along. Someday when your in our neck of the woods we will do the same for you or others from the board.

May sound geeky to some but this type of thing has worked for me before in different states. Thought I would give it a try in Hawaii.

My dates are unconfirmed and can be moved. I will post back with more details when I get them.

Please PM or email if you have interest.

BensonMN at DTC 2002

Paul (White "Fat Truck") at BHCC 2001

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
I was on Kauai over Christmas and I can't begin to tell you how many jacked up booty fabbed Toyota pickups I saw. Amazing!! And tons of jacked up everything else too.

If it wasn't my honeymoon I would have rented a lil' jeep and hity one of tghe tamer trails on my own. There was also an off road rental place that had thousands of leased land at their disposal. It sounded pretty cool!

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
I'm likely going to Hawaii this summer steve and have been thinking the same thing about wanting to see some Hawaii wheeling. I know there is that one guy here on the board, I think he goes by Pyro that is a 2 or 3 time Hawaii Tough Truck winner and their contest looks much more difficult than the one put on the by mag here on the mainland.

Edit: i just double checked and it is Pyro.

here's is his webpage: http://www.members.tripod.com/surfmac/Index.html

- jack

·
Registered
995 Posts
I will be on Kauai from March 25th to April 2nd. I have a wedding to attend, so I can't make any promises, but I'll try to hook up if there is a plan in place! :D

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
uglyscout said:
I was on Kauai over Christmas and I can't begin to tell you how many jacked up booty fabbed Toyota pickups I saw. Amazing!! And tons of jacked up everything else too.
I was on Maui three years ago for a couple of weeks, and there were a lot of scary sights. The worst was a late 80s Accord on an FJ40 frame.

And none of these rigs have front driveshafts.

Andy

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that someone with the Hawaii Rockcrawlers will be interested in taking us for a ride along. We will be on the Big Island for a week and have no real agenda. Just vacation and relax time. If I can get some wheeling in, I kill two birds with one stone.

Wife is pregnant with our first so I'm trying to get as much stuff crammed into our free time now while we still have the chance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts