Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2wd with a 4.0 & Automatic Trans, no lift & stock tires. It is my daily driver and my toy hauler for the weekend. I keep a fully stocked tool box in it which all together weighs about 1000+ lbs alone. Without a trailer the rear leaf springs are de-arched from all the 'extra' weight, to help it out I swapped the factory shocks with air shocks. It only helped out a little. So what would be my options to 'beef' up the rear. Would add-a-leafs help? I started to research Heavy Duty Leaf Springs and found these http://www.quadratec.com/products/56010_11.htm
But I'm not sure how much stronger they are over stock. Has anyone used these or does anyone have any recomendations? Thanks

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've been doing more research and looking at different options....Would an air bag kit and the HD springs be a good combo? (I am planing on running 3 semi air tanks and a belt driven compressor to run air tools off of, so having an airsource for the bags wouldn't be a problem.)

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Put on the heavier duty air bag kit and call it good.
Travis..

·
Registered
126 Posts
Alcan can make you custom springs designed for your load and height requirements...and for a lot less than you might think.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts