Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had outboard headers in my early CJ5 with short turbos for years. When I built it originally, I was a dune runner living in Pismo and all. I am currently doing a total conversion for rocks and such, (SOA, new D44's, lockers, extending frame). I picked up a set of ram horn block hugger type manifolds in a parts trade that look like they will fit nice and get rid of the crush prone outboard headers and exhaust.

What are most of you guys with SBC in early CJ running? Any negatives to the manifolds?

Thanks,
Steve

·
Premium Member
3,919 Posts
If you can run manifolds instead of headers do it. I have headers on mine and they have seen better days;)

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
i personally like manifolds. i have run headers in the past but they are more prone to rust through and they warp alot easier. just my op.

·
Premium Member
10,658 Posts
Hey I left pismo for the rocks too! I run the stock manifolds and I never have any problems. If your going to get headders pony up and buy the good ones...min 3/8 flange and coated.
The shorty headers will work great. They are a direct swap for my cast manifolds.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have rams horn type on my 5. Had to notch the exhaust pipe after the gasket / flange to allow room for the power steering shaft to fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts