Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since my riding has to be done before sunrise or after dark, I'm looking for the best helmut mounted headlamp. My mountain bike riding for now is on desolate fire roads which has many creatures including brown bear and mountain lions that I would like to see from as far away as possible! I already have a bar mounted halogen that is fine for the road in front but would like a helmut mounted one to be able to look around me or use in case I break down. What's the best at the most reasonable price you guys have found? Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
564 Posts
If you are looking for any kind of light for mountain biking definitely go with a nite rider. By far the best quality light that you can buy. They are a bit expensive, but they work great.

·
Registered
271 Posts
i have a mawri nightpro (i think thats the name) 6v 12 watt headlamp and a jet lites 20/12 combo bar light. The bar lights are nice because they make shadows giving you depth perception. I like the mawri on the head because its not a super bright beam but its got a nice even spread. Its much more of flood than a spot.

it think you can get one for like 90 bucks.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
2nd the motion for the Light & Motion HID. It is the shit. I have the ARC model which is meant for the handlebars. I commute on my road bike with it. And I've got a little $5 converter from L&M that lets me put it on my helmet in about two minutes for mountain bike night rides. It lights up the night, the smart charger is great and the people at L&M are very helpful. It's a CA company.

I get lots of time out of the battery too. I've put four straight hours on it, using the brighter setting, and it was still going strong.

Night ride tomorrow night, full moon, sweet singletrack. It's gonna be good.

Morgan

·
Registered
145 Posts
while we are on the subject; what is the best under $75 headlamp for general camping and wheeling purposes.

alf

1 - 7 of 7 Posts