Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work for the phone company here, and one of our engineers is heading the group trying to convert (I think it's Hatfield) park into a 4 wheelin(off road) park. We dropped off some poles already, and I'm not sure when it'll be ready for action. It's next to the Merced River, so mud can be plentiful...but the local dirt is really really sandy. There's a couple tiny hills, but not near like going to Hollister or Rubicon. The park is about 6-ish miles southwest of Hilmar. You take HWY165 to Williams(a mile south of Hilmar), then go west & follow the signs.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's all I know about it. I'll call him & ask for more info.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
This is only 15 miles from my place so this morning I headed over to check it out. I drove thru the small campground/park and didn't see any work or sign of any work going on. I saw that the 4x4 in Motion club of Turlock has a small picnic grounds across the river from the park. Lots of keep out and private property signs. Looks to be just a piece of property for BBQ's and gatherings. Is this the area they plan to make an obstacle course out of???

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think so, but I keep forgetting to ask the guy about it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts