Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I got some scout axles, wondering if I should go Heim Joins for the tie rod or how it is normal? My knuckles are screwed up so I got to either drill it bigger than 3/4" (I believe chevy makes a 7/8 tie rod end) or go heim joints. Is one stronger than the other? What would be better? Let me know.

·
Registered
570 Posts
If you buy quality heim joints they are fine.. I ran a set for 2 years on my tie rod and wheel it at least twice a month.

IF you ever break one on a trail, you can change them without special tools in about 5-10 min.. I've spent 30 trying to get a TRE off.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like that may work. I may get cats on the JEep and pass it, if so than I may be better the "TRE". I do like being able to swap em' out fast though.

·
Registered
261 Posts
define daily?

I like to think in the summer i drive mine daily, but that is running errands around town and to the lake, typically 55mph or less, not my 40 mile commute...

Like Arizona Jeep, i probibly put about 2000 miles a year on it. The Jeep gets "gone over" way more than my DD, and also more maintenance.

you have to remember what your trying to acomplish here...... A truck to go down the highway or tough as nails trail rig.

All in all,i run heims and will continue to do so...... Thats just my personal opinion, worth little to nothing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts