Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, sorry to bug you guys, or anyone that replies but i'm in serious need of help here. I'll describe what happens and hopefully someone on this site can finally help me out once and for all or at least lead me in the right direction. My problem is that while i'm driving, if i drive over any unbalanced road, lump, pothole or even just bridge/overpass ridges...it sets my Jeep off like nuts. Basically it's like riding a wild bronco. The whole Jeep starts to shake and bounce like crazy but it starts in the front for sure. I've pretty much changed every part there is over the last year from the ball joints just the other day, to the ujoints almost a year ago, tie rods were done about 6-7 months ago and the only things i haven't done yet as i would liek some professional info first is the alignment/balancing. It sounds like it may be a death wobble issue per the other messages i read in the site as when i slow right down, or sometimes speed up it stops...at this point my steering feels really tight all the time and is very jerky as well...

Can anyone help me with some info? or at least if they ever had this problem let me know what they did to fix it...? i'm dying here as i have a truck in my yard that i don;t even want to drive anymore...

Regards, and thanks in advance...

Dave :confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Help....!!!

Hi there,

Thanks tons for the help and information. This is more than great as i now have a few options to chekc out now rather than to just keep changing parts as my mechanic just does. I think i'll follow your suggestion regarding the alignment and balancing first...as i haven't bothered yet and hope it may fix the problem, if that doesn't do it then i will probably move into the other area you described...'high steer system'...? but i'll check out that link you attached to get more info first...

Thanks again, you rock!!

Dave :) :flipoff2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts