Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well really not a moron just in a brain fart..

Im relocating from atlanta ga to brooklyn NY in a few months..Ive been trying to find trails to run within a 2 or 3 hrs drive, a few clubs where rigs like mine are welcome..As i dont have a mall crawler or even something unbeaten..

I know about paragon in pa but thats about it...Is there anything upstae NY or even long island...Id sure hate to leave the cabtruck down here and just be able to ride it a few ties a year due to that..Plus I cant wait to drive through the projects with a cab truck on 39s with no doors and reggea playing on the radio..hehe

·
Registered
8,885 Posts
Raucsh Creek. That's it - nothing else. Other than that you're looking at 6-8 hrs + at least. I'm right over the GWB in the Paramus area.

If you are serious about wheeling, this is not a part of the country to be living in.

·
Registered
891 Posts
check out www.neow.org...

It's basically catered to new england, so you could probably hook up with some clubs from up there. There is stuff in upstate NY but you basically have to hook up with a club who has gotten permission from the landowner to run.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I will start looking there..I know its a shtty place for a wheeler but the lady is there...More than likely i will be stuck on the boring sugar sand trails in south jersey...Roush Creek should be worth a weekend trip though..

Just mapquested it...Its 2.5 hrs from south jersey( I may store the truck and trailer at atco raceway or nearby) and its like 3.5 from brooklyn...So its doable for a weekend trip...

Keeep the help comming..

·
Registered
104 Posts
And if you plan on driving your junk on the street in Jersey, nothing over 38" tires is legal and you have to have it registered and inspected with lift papers to prove it. I hate this state, been here 2 years and am moving next year back to Texas where it's more tolerant of lifted rigs and places to wheel.

Trey

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hear ya wild blue...I used to live in sicklerville and had that problem..I plan on keeping the GA tag on the truck as long as i can..Up top the laws suck...My rig has no doors at all no bed no mud flaps or rear fenders..All perfectly no problem as long as im just visiting..

It wouldnt pass inspection up there for many a reason..In atlanta we just gotta pass a sniffer..No safety inspections at all...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts