Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello. i have a 92 f250 with a 351 in it that is blown. i recently purchased a motor out of a 94 model pick up. the newer motor is roller, my question is will my dist. work in the newer motor or not i was told that it has to be a dist for a roller cam. is this true?

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
yes and no - the disy is the same, but the gear is diffrent - you can change the gear and it will work - do you have the disy from the newer motor - the gears will interchange

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok so where can i get a gear and how do i grt it off?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Just used the old one if i it's in good shape, or get a new one from the parts house for the year of the roller motor. And yeah, you just pull the dizzy, punch the roll pin out of the gear, and pressed the gear off. Why not just leave the dizzy thats in it already, there?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the plugs are different and some one prior to me dropped the damn thing and it has a chunck missing

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
yes the later year ( roller / mas air ) use a fender mounted TFI - but the gears will interchange - just punch out the roll pin and reinstall

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
where can i get one? what kind steel? bronze?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I think you should've told that dumbass TXChevykid that fawked it up that he should by the guy that owns the motor, seeing as he he is the one who fawked it up! arshole! oh by the way, It's a steel gear.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts