Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Separating from the Air Force after 8 years of service. On our way back to Texas with all of our house hold goods, grossing 21,000lbs. Fairly certain my alternator shit the bed. Battery light flickered with anything over 2,000rpm. Idled okay, then everything just quit. Vehicle is a 2006 F250 V10. I'm looking for one of the following:1) Alternator2) Battery3) A tow into town to get off the interstate4) Experience having dealt with a similar issue in a similar truckI'll be cross posting to Gen 4x4, Tow rigs and Chit Chat for maximum exposure. My number is 512-673-9802.Thanks in advance!!!!

·
Registered
786 Posts
Separating from the Air Force after 8 years of service. On our way back to Texas with all of our house hold goods, grossing 21,000lbs. Fairly certain my alternator shit the bed. Battery light flickered with anything over 2,000rpm. Idled okay, then everything just quit. Vehicle is a 2006 F250 V10. I'm looking for one of the following:1) Alternator2) Battery3) A tow into town to get off the interstate4) Experience having dealt with a similar issue in a similar truckI'll be cross posting to Gen 4x4, Tow rigs and Chit Chat for maximum exposure. My number is 512-673-9802.Thanks in advance!!!!
damn, that sucks ...
and as usual it happens in the worst time & fully loaded :(

i wish i could help you in any way
hopefully somebody closer will read this

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the bumps fellows. I had a text and PM. I appreciate the help.

Alternator was definitely the problem. My buddy was following in my wife's WJ. We went 20 miles back to Mountain Home and scooped a battery up at Wal-Mart. Limped it to the motel in Glenn's Ferry. Next morning, we got lucky and scored an alternator at the Napa in Mountain Home. All seems well now. Made it to central Texas late last night.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts