Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of connecting a 4.3L v-6 to a sn465. I have an older v-8 bell housing but need to purchase everything else. I have the flywheel, any help on what I should get in the way of clutch components and such. I am thinking of stock stuff, this motor and tranny will be going into my 1962 CJ5.

Thanks

Greg

·
Registered
331 Posts
Originally posted by GregS:
<STRONG>I am in the process of connecting a 4.3L v-6 to a sn465. I have an older v-8 bell housing but need to purchase everything else. I have the flywheel, any help on what I should get in the way of clutch components and such. I am thinking of stock stuff, this motor and tranny will be going into my 1962 CJ5.

Thanks

Greg</STRONG>

You will need a flywheel from a S-10 (that's what I did), C-series 1/2 ton clutch assembly (if I recall correctly) because it will need to match the spline count of the input shaft on the tranny - the S-10 clutch will have narrow splines where the C-series will have fat splines, and you will need a clutch fork assembly and hydraulic setup (I used a YJ master cyl and a CJ slave cyl and built a custom bracket to hold it). If you go with a mech. clutch setup, you are on your own - I don't know about them.

Anything else.... not off the top of my head.

Matt

1 - 2 of 2 Posts