Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on my way to go hunting, 22re won't restart after a fuel stop. Fuses all good, no 12v+ with the key on to the igniter, if I put 12v+ to the + terminal of the coil, it runs. If I run it like this, am I going to melt my electrical system down or do other damage?

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
What year?

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a 92, I ran a hot wire from the battery and drove it with a hardwired coil. Hasn't caught fire yet

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
It's a 92, I ran a hot wire from the battery and drove it with a hardwired coil. Hasn't caught fire yet
92 should be black/red from the ignition to the injectors then igniter and coil. Find that wire and figure out if you have a bad ignition switch or a broken wire/bad connection somewhere. Last thing you want to do is have a possibly fucked up ignition ground that run circuit while you're backfeeding it from the other end.

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Fix the real problem
Yeah great call, but I needed to get home and it was pissing, so I got home. I'll fix it properly later.
The thing hasn't had an odometer for 3 owners and it died at 499xxx, this is just one more glitch.

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
92 should be black/red from the ignition to the injectors then igniter and coil. Find that wire and figure out if you have a bad ignition switch or a broken wire/bad connection somewhere. Last thing you want to do is have a possibly fucked up ignition ground that run circuit while you're backfeeding it from the other end.
Thanks man

1 - 7 of 7 Posts