Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1997 dodge ram 1500 5.9, automatic, 4x4
went to start adn it just cranks over. i have no spark and my fuel pump does not come on. any hepl would be appreciated

·
Registered
243 Posts
Sounds like it's your computer... See if you can find someone to lend you one just to try it out but I'm pretty sure that's your probleme.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i figured, does anyone think it could be the camshaft position sensor, or the crank shaft position senor. i was just reading the manual and it sounds like it could even be the asd relay, whta have most of you run into? just for shits and grins i plugged my hand held scanner in and it couldn't even read the computer it said unable to read? normally i have codes for my air bag and abs wires since im missing the rear axle sensor

·
Registered
17,127 Posts
Sounds to me like you didn't read the sticky.

·
Registered
58 Posts
the computer has to see rpm before it will kick the fuel pump on, it sounds more like an ignition module, under the distributer cap held down by 2 screws, this also acts as the cam position sensor, which would explain no spark and no fuel pump run

·
Registered
97 Posts
thats what i figured, does anyone think it could be the camshaft position sensor, or the crank shaft position senor. i was just reading the manual and it sounds like it could even be the asd relay, whta have most of you run into? just for shits and grins i plugged my hand held scanner in and it couldn't even read the computer it said unable to read? normally i have codes for my air bag and abs wires since im missing the rear axle sensor
id start with that first. iv had a few go out on me over the years. cheapest place to start

·
Registered
17,127 Posts
Why don't you guys learn some diagnostic procedures and actually test to find out what is wrong instead of clogging up the Dodge forum with these worthless noob posts throwing parts across the Internet at a truck whose owner can't even read.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
you need to check fuel pressure i've had 2 pumps go out on 2 seperate trucks. 04.5's with the HO CTD

·
Registered
17,127 Posts
It's the flux capacitor! It's got to be the flux capacitor!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well fuck you guys, i know a lot of shit about trucks and thought you would help. fuck you homos, it aint the damn fuel pump i could always hear it come on just when the key was in run position. and now it doesn't but thatnks anyways queers

·
Registered
17,127 Posts
Awe, did the little illiterate crybaby get all butthurt? Drink bleach. If you are going to come on here and break the rules because you think your special, then prepare to be fucked with. So take your asshole attitude and your gay comments back where ever the fuck you came from and tell your mother to slap you for being such a whining little bitch who can't follow directions. Your stupid ass probably just doesn't know the truck is out of gas.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
its funny how all you get upset fisrt. aww we got a newb asking questions except he sounds like he knows what hes doing. you ppl get way to pissy im fuckin around but yet everyone else is all butt hurt. you ppl spend to much time on here anyhow, dont you have lives? and for your info, i just put 5 gal in it lol. you people crack me up.

·
Registered
17,127 Posts
Keep on moving boy. You definitely have no clue what is going on here and will probably never fit in at Pirate4x4.

·
Registered
651 Posts
you need to check fuel pressure i've had 2 pumps go out on 2 seperate trucks. 04.5's with the HO CTD
I bet your distributor had bad plugs also thats why the fuel pumps went out on your diesel truck???If you wouldnt run it out of GAS the fuel pump would last longer!!! sure glad none of you other dodge mechanics are workin on my shit.:flipoff2:I would have been better off leaving it wrecked:flipoff2:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well my bad i read the sticky but still some of you guys are ass holes just chill. im not a newb just makin sure i covered my bases

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
when i hook my scanner up to my truck it wont even pick anything up, and i know i have some trouble codes that should pop but every time it just says unable to connect with vehicle, so sounds like my ecu is fried?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts