Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This dumb little clip is pissing me off. I bought the truck and the PO had lost/broken one and was holding the injector plug in with a zip tie. Motor's a 2002 LQ4

I can't seem to find anyone selling replacements on RockAuto, GMPartsDirect, eBay, and I actually only found one other picture of someone's injector plugs that look like mine... I'll have to go out and get a better picture cuz the one I found sucks.

Other than trying my luck at the junkyard, which I'll do this week, anyone have any ideas of where to find one of what it's actually called?

Not mine, but the clip above goes on the white "rod" sticking straight out of the plug, and the retainer clip clips onto the white rod and then clicks into the connector to hold it in place.

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
all that is is a lock, the "Clip" that holds the pigtail to the injector is a little black piece that is part of the pigtail

·
Registered
810 Posts
Exactly what he said. Not needed.

Junkyard or dealership. I may have one on a spare harness at home if you still need one

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Those things are a PAIN IN THE ASS! I don't think I got them put back on right after I did my manifold gaskets.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, so the connector won't work its way out without that "lock"? The one that didn't have it was zip tied in by the PO.

Once I hop back in there tomorrow or so to put the rest of the motor together I'll tug on it a little to see how it's holding.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts