Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HELP (FJ60 split case info or part) New Pics

Edited: This is an 83 model year tcase. So not an auto, that was my assumption as a possibilty because I thought it was an 86. Still need help with whatever is missing?

I have the NEW Marlin split case Toybox due here today! I found a good used split case which I assumed was complete. It's all cleaned up and inspected, it's in great shape,but.....

I believe there is a spacer that I'll need that wasn't included. I can't find it on SOR's pic catalog either so hopefully someone can help me out.

The spacer goes on the output shaft of the tranny, before the tcase input gear. The input gear that came with it, does NOT have the seal surface on it, so it doesn't go through the front input seal. I assume it was attached to an auto tranny?

Does anyone have the spacer I need? Even the measurements would be helpful so I could make one if needed. This is holding up my plan of installing it tomorrow (Friday) so I can get on with the little things and be running before next weekends practice session for ERoCC.

Come awwwwwwn guys, help me out! MY direct e-mail

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just got this pic from Cruzilla, thanks Scott. I need the spacer thats shown on the right side gear. Anybody have one they can send today overnight. Got trades, TBI adapters or sm420 adapters, or cash/paypal. Need it tomoroww in western IN, or I'll procedeed to make one.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts
Mike, the specs are 1.381 ID 1.890 OD and .787 wide.

This thing needs to be hardened as it is a seal surface. do not worry about the notch inside. I was looking at bearings that might be torn apart to get the inner race, but the ball groove in the OD messes it all up.

Did the guy that sold you the case have it ?

Damn, I wish I knew, I could have put it in the box :mad:

Good Luck, Scott

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
will these work

These are all of the spacers I could find in my 83 case sitting on the shelf. The one gear is a PTO gear which could go in place of the one spacer.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Here's a close up of the two smaller ones. I'd gladly send them out tomorrow but that is probably too late for you. Our Fed Ex already left for the day and our next pick up isn't until 4:15 pm tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help. The one on the left might be it, but since I have not seen it , I'm not sure. Hold on for now, I'll make one that will get me thru the first event. I'll let ya know if that falls apart.

Mike

·
Registered
982 Posts
Isn't that spacer only needed on late 85+ transfer cases. For some reason I remember seeing it in the long unit, but not the early shoter unit.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Don't know if this will help or not, but here's a shot of the gears from my '88 FJ62 t-case (w/A440F auto tranny):

On the right is the input gear, then a spacer, then the PTO gear. On the left is the replacement gear from Jack McNamara that cures the worn output shaft problem that happens on US-spec A440s.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to everyone that replied here. I got the ToyBox installed, and yes pics are coming soon. We turned a spacer on the lathe and it worked out great.

Special thanks to Scott (Cruzilla), the install was smooth, and the ToyBox adapters are a work of art! Still have to complete the linkages, and adjust my driveshafts before I can road test.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Success, ToyBox installed

Here's a pic from the top of the ToyBox hanging off the SM420, and connected to the splitcase. This kit rocks, and is truly a work of art. I was impressed with the quality of all the pieces, and especially the ability to swap adapters and fit so many combination! GO Marlin and crew!

Additional pics on this page

Just a few more little details and I'll be able to report the improvements to my rig!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts