Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was installing a RE lift on a YJ about 10 minutes ago.I noticed it was in a front end collision before and noticed the welds were really shitty on the front hangers yesterday. After i removed the rear spring nut with my impact the spring fell off the front hanger. I was thinking WTF i didn't remove that bolt. Ultimately i looked over and saw that the tube on the hanger broke off the frame mount. BTW it's not my Jeep.

I'm new to Jeeps i mainly work on Toyotas so i searched and cant seem to find where to get a new front hanger any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
search! There was this same topic a week ago. The yj stock mounts suck ass. Make your own.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
torq said:
search! There was this same topic a week ago. The yj stock mounts suck ass. Make your own.
I searched, I'm still trying to understand this jeep thing:D

I'm still searching. I got the tools to make my own, but i dont have the time. I found the M.O.R.E replacement weld on kit and a bolt on front shackle reversal kit.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
I boogered them up with a torch, the other side I grinded. I would definately stick with an angle grinder and some cutting discs.

Yea, those foothills ones are fair priced and seem to be stout too.
Later toyota fawker!:D

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
torq said:
I boogered them up with a torch, the other side I grinded. I would definately stick with an angle grinder and some cutting discs.

Yea, those foothills ones are fair priced and seem to be stout too.
Later toyota fawker!:D

Thanks fawker,:D :beer: to you man. Thanks for the link/help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts