Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is recommended whats better which lasts longer also ruff stuff 3link or Barnes 3link going on a 91 4runner using race runner 18" coil overs in rear

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
Do u mean two lowers and a wishbone upper, OR two lowers, one upper and a panhard? Are u gonna move the gas tank? Is it street driven?

If 3link w panhard, Id use hiems on one end and a $5 yj bushing(1.5"od) on the other on the lowers. A rh and lh hiem for the upper to adjust pinion angle and similar for the panhard. Ive had jjs go bad. But others have had hiems go bad. Bushing on one end seems to help absorb the shock/jolts that beatup the hiems.

Id prefer a 4 link in the rear though. W triangulater lowers or dual triang for roll center. The tri lowers w wishbone upper is essentially the same geometrically as well(if u know what ur doing on any of these setups).

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
I run 18's on back of my rig, its overkill. Mine are limited to 15.5-16 with limiting strap's. I noticed no negatives by limiting them but its deffinitly more stable with them limited.

I've killed a a bunch of Tg joint's(knock off JJ's) but no 1.25 heim's yet. Only heims I've had issue's with were in my panhard bar.

·
O-ring Technologist
1,261 Posts
I've seen some killed TG creeper joints. I have beat on my barnes (midwest control product) 1.25" heims with no issue. Like booger mentioned, I also use poly bushing on one end, seems to keep the heims from slapping around.

4,240 Posts
I've seen some killed TG creeper joints. I have beat on my barnes (midwest control product) 1.25" heims with no issue. Like booger mentioned, I also use poly bushing on one end, seems to keep the heims from slapping around.

I do not sell any Midwest control heims.

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
I do not sell any Midwest control heims.
I can vouch for that, I used to sell MWC heims, and the Barnes and Ruffstuff heims have thicker bodies for a given size, and the liners "look" better.

Not all Chinese heims are created equal

1 - 9 of 9 Posts