Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read every post I can find and they are all on how to do hyrdo boost with hydro steer. I just need to know the STOCK line arrangement for a chevy truck hydro boost stup up. I Have all the stock lines, everything is mounted, just need to know were the lines go. Any help would be great. Thanks very much.

· Registered
1,320 Posts
Pressure line from pump goes to pass. side threaded o-ring fitting on hydroboost. Secondary pressure line goes from drivers side threaded o-ring fitting on hydro unit to the pressure port on the steering box. Return line goes from barb fitting on hydro unit to first return line on pump resevoir. Return line from return port on steering box goes through a cooler (if equipped) and then into the other return port on the resevoir.

· Registered
1,320 Posts
There are 3 ports on the hydroboost. If your looking at the top of it, there is one on the passenger side and two on the drivers side. The rear one on the drivers side as well as the one on the passenger side are female threads. The front one on the drivers side is a hose barb usually. The passenger side threaded port is what gets the pressurized fluid from the pump. So run your high pressure hose from your pump to the passenger side port. The rear port on the drivers side is the pressure out port that sends pressurized fluid to the steering box. The hose barb goes to the resevoir on the pump.

· Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On the box what side is the presure side and what side is return. Also on the two low presure fittings from the box and the hydro boost unit. Does it matter what port they enter the box in? Thanks so much for your help.

· Registered
1,320 Posts
CarBeautiful said:
On the box what side is the presure side and what side is return. Also on the two low presure fittings from the box and the hydro boost unit. Does it matter what port they enter the box in? Thanks so much for your help.
The forward port on the steering box is the pressure port, the rearward port is the return port.

On the resevoir it doesn't matter which return line goes to which nipple.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.