Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I should know how to do this but... 1990 TBI 350 power steering pump pulley. Do you have to take the allen screw out of the center then put the puller on or is it just pressed on there? If I gotta take the allen out of there got any tips? Thanks in advance
Justin

·
Premium Member
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mudpup said:
they make a pretty sweet tool called a power steering pulley puller...or its a free rental tool at autozone :rolleyes: [/QUOT

you guys need to get a life you guys are the type ruining the BB cause you cant even ask a simple question with out tough guys like you talking shit!. And if you knew what you were talking about you would know the pump is not off the motor cause you cant get it off with out pulling off the pulley to axcess the bolts:rolleyes:

·
Discount!
4,538 Posts
nahh he wouldn't want one of those.
Hey ass wipe, we don't need jerk off's on this board like you! People come here for help, not to listen to your smart ass. It's people like you that drive our good members away and keep jerks like you around.

If you can't help a guy with a simple question out, then don't post at all.

Consider this a warning.......

·
Premium Member
3,149 Posts
This is just sad, is this what this BB is turning into, a 24/7 pissing match :rolleyes:

Direct questions require direct anwers not a bunch of bull$hit, if youv'e never taken a pully off that darn allen hole will throw you.

USFSIHC, please let me personally apoligize for the big headed blow hards that are trying to act cool, we are all not like this.

Good Luck with your truck!

·
Registered
540 Posts
USFSIHC- sorry didn't know you had to take your pulley off still attached to the engine, my pulley had a hole in it so you could spind the pulley around and fit the socket through the hole to reach all the bolts

I know the allen hole will throw you off, thats why I stated the tool needed and a place where he can use it for free

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
dog walker said:

Hey ass wipe, we don't need jerk off's on this board like you! People come here for help, not to listen to your smart ass. It's people like you that drive our good members away and keep jerks like you around.

If you can't help a guy with a simple question out, then don't post at all.

Consider this a warning.......
Sorry DW, didnt realize this humor thing was getting out of hand.

I'll just stop it.

FWIW I do try to help people, when I can and I didnt realize people were getting thin skinned here.

And your right I didnt know the pump couldnt be removed without the pulley being removed...doesnt make me a blow hard, or a jerk off, or an ass wipe.
Well maybe it does...:p

There is plenty of great tech here on POR, as long as I've been on here there has been a good sense of humor as well.

Guess I hit a nerve...
I'll go back to my hole now.

MJ

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Those damn things can be a bitch sometimes man. The autozone puller seemed kinda cheap, but hey it worked and of course was free :) Had to stack washers to get the beast not to crush itself going back on...

That was all on my roommate's 4.3 which i assume is the same pump as on your 350. Seems like everytime I use a puller it turns into a fiasco. I have stripped more than one puller and boogered things I've tried to pull. Everytime I am involved with a puller it turns into a nightmare...

·
Registered
540 Posts
44Runner said:
Those damn things can be a bitch sometimes man. The autozone puller seemed kinda cheap, but hey it worked and of course was free :) Had to stack washers to get the beast not to crush itself going back on...
LOL, I agree they do feel cheap, but if you break it, it still doesn't cost anything. Atleast they didn't charge me for 2 broken pitman arm pullers.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I had to have one removed yesterday:) I take mine to the local Quick Lube. And they took my pulley off, and put the new one on for $6.00 bucks. I would try a place like that.. Good Luck!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
44Runner said:

That was all on my roommate's 4.3 which i assume is the same pump as on your 350. Seems like everytime I use a puller it turns into a fiasco. I have stripped more than one puller and boogered things I've tried to pull. Everytime I am involved with a puller it turns into a nightmare...
To re-install the pulley just heat it (in the center where it mates)with a propane torch for 30 sec's to a minute and it will slip right on.

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
mudpup said:

LOL, I agree they do feel cheap, but if you break it, it still doesn't cost anything. Atleast they didn't charge me for 2 broken pitman arm pullers.
Yep they didn;t charge me either for the 3 pitman arm pullers and 2 PS pulley pullers...

To add to the help, make sure you get a PS pulley puller like the one posted...it clamps around the whole lip of the pulley...they rented me one once that was just a two jaw puller and I ended up breaking a good size chunk of the lip off...they heard from me...I got a free pulley and the right tool...:D:D:D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.