Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Best guess headed east just before drop down million dollar hill with spider off to right, where they are all looking. Or maybe not. Suggestions? The twin trees at centeron look familiar. Thanks.
I *think* you are correct, looks like the lead car is where the long bypass reconnects to the trail after LS, where the picnic bench is.....

·
Premium Member
4,744 Posts
Yup, I think you're all correct. Just IDing it from different points of view. WAY more trees there now, much harder to see the pond. Maps call that "Mud Lake".

·
Premium Member
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
expanding the pic sure does look like a body of water. Where is mud lake? the only one I know of is over off 88 near pardoes/emigrant trail/squaw ridge below Plasse trading post site. We camp there often and does not look like the same place.

·
Premium Member
4,744 Posts
Where is mud lake?
Maps identify both the pond we are looking at and the ponds to the south of the Benchmark/Walker as "Mud Lake" and Mud Lakes" respectively.

·
Premium Member
3,587 Posts
They are all looking at John Pardi. He is offering them a spill kit:laughing:
That's right next to where be parks. Proof his been wheelin a while

·
Premium Member
4,744 Posts
looks like i have a challenge: next time to get a as close as possible to original perspective for a then and now shot.
Here's a couple...the original 1930's lens has a wider angle than mine, and it is remarkable how many rocks have been moved...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,744 Posts
BTW, I'm told by a pretty accurate trail historian that the trail used to go straight off the end of the bottom of that hill and through the edge of Mud Lake, something like where my red line is. I can see it in the picture and it is very obvious on the ground once you know about it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,744 Posts
have a print of the OP pic and will try to get as close as possible to then/now next w/e.
That's what I did in late November, Mark. As noted, the angle width of the lens in the old camera is very different from the modern camera. The twin trees are still there, just a bit taller. The older tree on the left is gone. And the rocks have almost ALL been moved around.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts