Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’m confident these axles are both jeep wagoneer axles (d44) but for the life of me I can’t remember what year these wagoneer axles came from that were compatible for a 1979 CJ5.

I need to order some axle parts and need to figure out what year these axles would have come from so I can search for parts.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Wheel Train Automotive tire Vehicle Tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
8 Posts
The front looks like a 74-79 Wagoneer front axle. The rear could also be that, but in some of the Wagoneer model years the pumpkin was not centered on the rear axle. I get confused about the rear axles. The front axle looks like the axle I have in my shop for the SAS I am doing on My Chevy Colorado. The one I have came from a 75 Wagoneer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am not a Jeep guy, but I know that the CJ5's were all like 56 or 57 inches WMS to WMS. The CJ7's had two different axle widths. Jeep widened the track in response to a perceived rollover issue. Wagoneer front axles like mine, 74 - 79 years range, are 59.5 to 60 inches WMS to WMS Grand Wagoneer and Cherokee chiefs were around 62.5 in the 74 - 79. I only know these because of my research for my SAS on my 2005 Chevy Colorado.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Rear is probably a scout. It was very common to swap in a scout rear with waggy front. What is the lug pattern. Most waggys were 6 on 5.5 and scouts were 5 on 5.5.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts