Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been trying to set the timing on my jeep yj 258 and in the process my jeep started making this loud grinding noise when I try and start it. I put a new starter on it and it didnt help so I put the old one back on. The old boy that I bought the jeep off of said he just put a new flywheel in it but I am looking and you can see on the teeth where it has been gringing recently, Teeth still look good but you can tell it is grinding. What do I do now? Anyone wanna make some money, come on over and put this thing in time and fix whatever starting problems i am having.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Call Jason Cooper at Rock Your 4x4 if you want to pay someone. Shoot him a message on the ACFW board.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Take the starter out and inspection cover off and look at the teeth on the flywheel. Put your jeep in gear and push it to turn the flywheel. Did you start it with the timing to far advanced and hear a bang.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah I think I started it with it way to advance and thats when it all started. Then I got under there and the starter was really lose. please dont tell me starting it too advance i messed something else in the motor up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts