Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Searching around I found this forum and it has a diverse knowledge base, so I'm hoping you all will have ideas for this.

It is for a front longitudinal engine kit car with a r/p ratio of 3.13 in the rear. I'd like to put a diff up front and have part time 4wd, or full time 4wd.

Ideally, the transfer case would be on the smaller side, have a 1:1 ratio and be divorced. If I could do push button 4wd at speed, that'd be even better. Do you all have any ideas?

Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Hi,

Searching around I found this forum and it has a diverse knowledge base, so I'm hoping you all will have ideas for this.

It is for a front longitudinal engine kit car with a r/p ratio of 3.13 in the rear. I'd like to put a diff up front and have part time 4wd, or full time 4wd.

Ideally, the transfer case would be on the smaller side, have a 1:1 ratio and be divorced. If I could do push button 4wd at speed, that'd be even better. Do you all have any ideas?

Thanks for reading.
I would say probably a toyota case would work or a samarai case! They are small and should work for you!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Quadratrac full time with the part time conversion kit. Ratios are 1:1 with 2.58:1
All Quadratracs came full time 4X4. Then the after market came out with a kit to make it part-time 4X4 (just like 99% of all transfer cases.) This enabled one to have full-time rer wheel drive with 4 wheel drive on demand.
It engages with a switch (air vacuum diverted.) Just so happens I have one with the part-time conversion kit installed.

·
Registered
273 Posts
The older Datsun pickups had a divorced case w/ 1:1 high gear. Not sure about shift on the fly. Real strong case for it's size.

Ed

·
Registered
997 Posts
So whatcha building? since you've got our attention you may as well post some specs and pics. :D
Yeah fill us in! I'm sure if you tell everyone what you are building someone on here will be able to give you the best advice!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That looks like it could fit, and the vacuum switch is nice. Do you like yours? Can it be engaged from 2wd to 4wd and back at speed (say 60mph)?

How heavy is it?

Quadratrac full time with the part time conversion kit. Ratios are 1:1 with 2.58:1
All Quadratracs came full time 4X4. Then the after market came out with a kit to make it part-time 4X4 (just like 99% of all transfer cases.) This enabled one to have full-time rer wheel drive with 4 wheel drive on demand.
It engages with a switch (air vacuum diverted.) Just so happens I have one with the part-time conversion kit installed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't have any pics to share, it'll be a v12 (later to be turbocharged) in a lite weight frame, so I'd like to have as much traction as possible.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts