Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the Title says....I have a bone stock 91 FJ80 and when I came home yesterday it was running fine and turned it off and one hour later went to leave and it now won't start. Turns over fine and after some diagnosis I have no spark ( I also check if the rotor is turning and yes it is) I replaced the ignitor and coil (coil tested fine but the just in case replacement).

I am out of idea's on what to check next :( Help please?

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
When you crank it over, do the dash lites come on? (oil/alt etc)

Chris:cool2:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes everything would come on but the check engine light and according to a fellow landcruiser owner it is probably fuel related. I checked my EFI relay and tried the one out of my 92 Tercel and sure enough fired right up. So I am good to go finally. Thank you for the suggestions very glad I got it figured out.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Yes everything would come on but the check engine light and according to a fellow landcruiser owner it is probably fuel related. I checked my EFI relay and tried the one out of my 92 Tercel and sure enough fired right up. So I am good to go finally. Thank you for the suggestions very glad I got it figured out.
You might want to run a heavier wire to that relay to prevent it from happening again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts