Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys this isnt exactly 4x4 related but i know you all are a wealth of knowledge when it comes to suppliers.

I need a bastard fitting to adapt a hose to a NPT solenoid.

Its for work, i have spent two days sourcing this piece and can locate it, my Swaglock supplier is contacting to warehouse to see if they even make them.

We have a hose going from our liquid nitrogen tank that has a 1/2" female 45* flare fitting in 316SS.

I need to adapt the female 45* flare to a 1/4"NPT male. Has to be 316SS or a high grade brass capable of -450*F.

Is there another name for a 45* SAE flare fitting? Am i looking in the wrong places? McMaster/MSC/Parker and now swaglock are no help.

I need them tomorrow or Thursday at the latest, PLEASE HELP!

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
My Brasilian Aeroquip catalog has the following:

adapter - male NPTF to female SAE 45*

# 2000-4-5B

The "B" stands for brass.

If it´s available here, I´m quite sure it´s available there. Try www.aeroquip.com for more info, maybe a distributor......

HTH

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys great links

The brass scares me, most of the brass specs i found so far for only goes to -65*f. We need at least -325*F.

I ordered some stainless ones from a place called Specialty Hose corp in Ohio. He said they were what i needed but i afraid he ignored my 45* emphasis and will send the 37* flare instead.

I need to find a good source for the stainless. The brass may work with the nitrogen but when we convert the pump to LOX we have to have 316SS.

Thanks again!

pbb rocks!

·
Registered
6,265 Posts
Jeremy, you might try Motion Industries. 744-0201 There in Southridge Center. My Dad-in-law is the Manager. They may be able to help. They have a hose shop and make all kinds of custom shit for mines, manufacterers, industrial stuff. Don't know if you remember my buddy Todd or not. Ask for him and tell him what you need. He won't know :laughing: but he'll get someone who does.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.