Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i know you guys are toyota guys but i have a 1985 nissan with the marlin crawler sas kit. i put the vented rotors and v6 brake calipers from marlin as well but the nissan master cylinder was to small so i had to pump the brakes to make them work. so then i went with a toyota power booster and the fj80 1" bore master cylinder. so now i have to pump them up three times before they work and th peddle is really easy to push so any info would be great.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
first of all, you did bench bleed the MC right?, if you didn't, there lies your problem, second, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't a Nissan have a drivers drop t-case??? :confused:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i did bench bleed it and my tcase is right in the middle and it isnt a hardbody they have the tcase on the drivers side

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
could my brake booster from the junk yard be bad and if anyone knows how long my push rod should be from firewall to peddle

·
Registered
410 Posts
jeff ray said:
could my brake booster from the junk yard be bad and if anyone knows how long my push rod should be from firewall to peddle
Well, it's not the booster if the pedal is EASY to push, as the booster is what makes the pedal easier to push in the first place :flipoff2: sounds like you haven't bled the system right, and there's air in it, if you need to pump the pedal up. Look in your manual for the proper bleeding sequence, and go from there. While you're looking in the manual, crack all 4 bleeder screws open and let the thing gravity bleed for a bit.

*Edit* Stupid question, but have heard of it before. Are you sure the calipers are mounted on the right side? You can have them upside down and on the wrong side, and then the bleeder won't work right... just adding to your list of things to check.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
If the push rod is too long & depressing the master cylinder bore while the pedal is at rest , fluid will bleed by & pressure will be slow to build in the brake system.

·
Registered
47 Posts
well i am about to use my feet to stop fred flinstone style

i have put two diff brake boosters on it and both boosters are good b/c the trucks i took them off of had great brakes,,,i have bled the system as foloow

left rear driver side
right rear driver side
right front driver side
left front driver side
then the load "proportioning" setting valve

and still have no brakes,,you can depress the pedal with your freaking pinking finger

HELP

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey i had no brakes for two months bleed it about 30 times before i relized my calipers were on the wrong sides. the bleeder valve should be on top so the air doesnt get trapped. i swithced them and bleed them in 15 minutes and worked great. hope this is the problem

1 - 8 of 8 Posts