Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 jeep cherokee larado and need a trailer hitch receiver to tow a car dolly. I know I need all class 3 stuff but I'm on a budget and don't know exactly what and where to buy. I called Uhaul and they said $175 for the hitch and $150 to install a few wires! (wiring harness) I expect to pay around $100 for the hitch, but not sure where to get/buy the wiring harness for the trailer lights. So dose anybody know a place to buy or do to where I could get these items? Thanks for our help. Also I live in Clearwater FL. is someone knows of a place to buy this stuff, Thanks

·
Registered
297 Posts
Uh I got my hitch for my XJ on ebay - I think it was 115 or something like that. Then just go out to the local autoparts store and buy what you need for lights or just the harness. those would run a max of $25 for the whole light set-up(magnet lights), but not sure about just a harness.

Do the install yourself, take off one of the lights, wire up the harness, and run it through one of the drain holes that's bound to connect the interior to the exterior.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks. The trailer I'm going to use already has lights on it, and I just need the wires or harness to put in the truck so the trailer can plug right into it. I don't want to rig anything up with the wires as it is accually not mine. I told him of the idea of mabe taping into the rear light and just putting in a few fuses and a connecter, but he dosnt want to do that. Dose anybody have any other ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
skiddmarks said:
Ok thanks. The trailer I'm going to use already has lights on it, and I just need the wires or harness to put in the truck so the trailer can plug right into it. I don't want to rig anything up with the wires as it is accually not mine. I told him of the idea of mabe taping into the rear light and just putting in a few fuses and a connecter, but he dosnt want to do that. Dose anybody have any other ideas?
anyone?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Just about every Northern Tool will have the wire loom that includes a "T" fitting that you just plug into the existing wire loom without any mods. It's really a piece of cake.

JP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts