Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 60 of 279 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
If there is still a need I can host a PayPal fund to bypass the 2.9% that GFM takes out and distribute it to members. I am local and will provide transparency of who/where to funds go to.

I personally know Wilson and ScooterLoo. They will probably tell you i'm an asshole, but an honest asshole. I sold YotaAtieToo an elocker a few years ago that did not blow up (to my knowledge)

I'm ready to send money as soon as something has been arranged.

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
If there is still a need I can host a PayPal fund to bypass the 2.9% that GFM takes out and distribute it to members. I am local and will provide transparency of who/where to funds go to.

I personally know Wilson and ScooterLoo. They will probably tell you i'm an asshole, but an honest asshole. I sold YotaAtieToo an elocker a few years ago that did not blow up (to my knowledge)
Get one of them to confirm they know you and then post up a paypal addy and we will let the pbb floodgates open.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
4 year old is a girl

Not sure on the ages, pretty sure Mike has 1 girl 1 boy and Daryl (Scooterloo) has 2 girls.
I actually have two boys 20 and 6. And to be honest we were able save some clothes and my trailer to live in. We are in pretty good shape all things considered. Lost my house and my big 5th wheel but family and friends are safe.

However there are tens of thousands of people who are in trouble. So if you can please donate.

You can ship it to my shop and I can disperse it from there.

My address:
American RV
249 Meyers St.
Chico CA 95928

Thanks for everything Pirate people.

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Tomtom is legit. He's right though, he is an asshole! :flipoff2:
My paypal is [email protected]

Once the dust starts to settle, in a day or two, I will drop off checks or cash to those in need. I’m thinking we should distribute it based on need and number of heads in the family? If you want the donation to go to a specific member please indicate that in the notes and it will stay separate from the general fund.

I will meet with one of the reputable members that have been affected and have them review the money that came in and where it went.

·
Registered
12,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
My paypal is [email protected]

Once the dust starts to settle, in a day or two, I will drop off checks or cash to those in need. I’m thinking we should distribute it based on need and number of heads in the family? If you want the donation to go to a specific member please indicate that in the notes and it will stay separate from the general fund.

I will meet with one of the reputable members that have been affected and have them review the money that came in and where it went.

Thank you for stepping up. I owe guy ou a beer or twelve!

·
Registered
15,271 Posts
GoFuckMe takes more of a percentage than I'm comfortable with. We can do more without them for our hard earned dollars, if a member steps up snd handles the money. It has worked for us before and I think I'd trust just about everyone here with a couple thousand posts and a California location. If they fuck up, we can find them.

I am not worried about that. Santa doesn't want to do it, and it's completely understandable for a lot of reasons. Is there a California member close but unaffected that wants to donate their time to handle the money aspect? It sucks more than it sounds but it's more than stepping up. Dropping $ through Paypal as a gift is the easy part.
I just donated to a friend and former coworker whose family in sum lost all three houses, their business every single thing they had. I just used GoFund me and there was a statement there that 100% went to the target, they are asking for a tip to help support the enterprise. I truly hope your post doesn't delay or give someone pause to not contribute. Just my $0.02 :)

GoFundMe has a 0% platform fee for organizers and relies on the generosity of donors like you to operate our service.
Thank you for including a tip of:
15%
Checked the page, the contributions match exactly the amount shown in the account. Maybe there is a fee but I don't see it.

·
Registered
66,764 Posts
It's akin to the PayPal fee. The PayPal fee can be avoided by using the friends and family payment type, I'm led to believe. Thereby making PayPal the superior entity?

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
We have a 4.5 yr old girl and 6 mo old boy....

I did not read the whole thread thus far. Initial responses from social media and even localish pirate members have met the immediate needs of our kids.

I have never asked for a handout, nor am I now. We have been flooded with the broad "how can I help?" This whole event has been so overwhelming that I cannot formulate specific things. EVERYTHING is gone. Cash-type donations gift cards, amazon credits inluded) are the easiest to use and send. There's no pressure, guilt or judgement.

Yes, we had insurance. Some posting in this thread did not and I wish that they would be upfront about it, because they need more help than I do. However, has anyone really felt whole following a disastrous claim? I am expecting a war over my claim and will likely be hiring a lawyer/ independent adjuster. In the mean time, I need to provide for my family and run my business. I have the best clients in the world, but I cannot walk away from my job and my income is zero when I do not work. ANY support helps.

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
Can the OP update post 1 with a list of names?

·
Safety third!
11,378 Posts
I just donated to a friend and former coworker whose family in sum lost all three houses, their business every single thing they had. I just used GoFund me and there was a statement there that 100% went to the target, they are asking for a tip to help support the enterprise. I truly hope your post doesn't delay or give someone pause to not contribute. Just my $0.02 :)

Checked the page, the contributions match exactly the amount shown in the account. Maybe there is a fee but I don't see it.
Read the page linked below your post. You won't pay platform fees, but you'll be paying 2.9% in processing fees. "Real time". Maybe I'm wrong but I know for a fact donating Paypal as a gift is getting all my money to the intended recipient.

I do respect your opininon and deterring potential donors is definitely not something I would advocate. I do however disagree. If you were deterred from donating because of my post, you weren't dedicated to the cause anyway and looking for an excuse not to. We're not talking about going on a mission trip to Africa here. We're talking about moving some buttons on your computer. Don't be fucking lazy and use that as an excuse.

Sorry if that comes across as crass. I don't mind donating what I can. I'm not rich, and every dollar I make means something to me. I do mind donating to some shitty corporation when 2.9 dollars for every hundred could have gone to the people in need. That's a shitload of money when we're looking at everyone affected by this.

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
The other thing to consider is that those who are now homeless may be staying at hotels and spending money at restaurants - things they don't usually budget for. Perhaps there's increased travel so they're paying more for gas than they're used to. They may not be able to get to their jobs for a few days so their paycheques get short. Some of them may suddenly no longer have jobs. There's a millions things that can add up quickly for a lot of everyday working people.
Great summary. I did not lose my job , but i have missed three days of scheduled work so far. I have also driven over 400 miles in the last two days, trying to secure housing and will miss work again tomorrow and log another 200 miles.

We filed our claim Friday and have yet to speak with an adjuster. The call that we got today gave us a name and "she'll call you in 48 hrs." We've already spent thousands out of pocket.

This is pirate, I expect the tough love from some but I have also seen the generosity first hand.

THANK YOU, from the bottom of our hearts. Whatever we do not need gets passed on to those that can, money included. I personally know hundreds of people that are now homeless.

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts

I've got a pile of left over parts from my build. I'll get them listed tomorrow. Whatever I get for the stuff, I'll donate 100%. Only fair since a fair number of these guys have helped me with my projects over the years.
Can't even imagine going thru all that everyone is over there

41 - 60 of 279 Posts